Darius Rucker to Perform With Disabled Teens at 2011 ACM Awards
Former Hootie & The Blowfish frontman Darius Rucker is set to hit the stage at the Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards on Sunday, April 3 with 25 disabled youngsters who helped write his new track.
The star's latest song, "Music From the Heart", was penned by professional singer-songwriters Chris Young and Brett James, who teamed up with 25 teens from the ACM Lifting Lives music camp last summer in Nashville to help come up with ideas for the single.
The campers, who all suffer with developmental disabilities, will take to the stage at the event to help Rucker perform the song for the star-studded crowd. The special performance is in support of the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center, which helps disabled young adults lead a full life.
Of his involvement, Darius said, "People with disabilities often have rare abilities, and in some cases those abilities involve a special talent or affinity for music. I am honored to join ACM Lifting Lives and the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center to highlight how music can better the lives of young people with developmental disabilities on country music's biggest night."
The 46th Annual ACM Awards will air live from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas starting at 8:00 P.M. ET/delayed PT on CBS. Other previously-announced performers include Sara Evans, Martina McBride, Carrie Underwood, Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles with Rihanna and Zac Brown Band with James Taylor.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding