Freida Pinto Defends Her Racy Photos
Actress Freida Pinto has defended her racy photo shoot for a men's magazine, insisting it was her decision to pose for the pictures. The "Slumdog Millionaire" star raised eyebrows last year with a series of racy shots for the U.S. version of GQ, including several images of her sprawled across a bed in her underwear.
Gossips speculated that the photo shoot was a deliberate attempt to shake off her "nice-girl" image - and Pinto has now spoken out to stress she was not manipulated into taking part. She tells Britain's You magazine, "The decision to do those pictures was mine."
"I definitely knew how I wanted to look. A stylist may have chosen the clothes but the decision to wear them was mine. I would hate to feel that I was being objectified."
She adds, "I have always said that a woman's sexuality should not be used in a way that is demeaning to her. But, you know, I don't think this is a sexist issue any more because actors are strutting their stuff in photo shoots just as much as actresses now."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March