Elizabeth Taylor Tried Out Hair Cutting Skills on Richard Burton
Elizabeth Taylor always longed for a career as a hairdresser and practiced her talents on her on/off husband Richard Burton, according to her own stylist. The Hollywood legend, who passed away last Wednesday, March 23, became a child star at the tender age of 12 with her role in 1944's "National Velvet".
But Taylor always maintained that if she hadn't become an actress, she would have wanted to work in a salon, and her longtime hairstylist Jose Eber reveals she would often try out her techniques on Burton. He tells CNN presenter Piers Morgan, "Elizabeth cutting Richard's hair... which people didn't know that she was so talented. One thing she would have liked to become was a hairstylist because she had that great talent about cutting hair."
"And she would cut Richard's hair all the time... she told me that. And she even would cut her own hair when I wasn't around... She was always very shy about it and always felt like she didn't do a great job, then would call me and to reassure her that she did a great job."
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert