Elizabeth Taylor Tried Out Hair Cutting Skills on Richard Burton
Elizabeth Taylor always longed for a career as a hairdresser and practiced her talents on her on/off husband Richard Burton, according to her own stylist. The Hollywood legend, who passed away last Wednesday, March 23, became a child star at the tender age of 12 with her role in 1944's "National Velvet".
But Taylor always maintained that if she hadn't become an actress, she would have wanted to work in a salon, and her longtime hairstylist Jose Eber reveals she would often try out her techniques on Burton. He tells CNN presenter Piers Morgan, "Elizabeth cutting Richard's hair... which people didn't know that she was so talented. One thing she would have liked to become was a hairstylist because she had that great talent about cutting hair."
"And she would cut Richard's hair all the time... she told me that. And she even would cut her own hair when I wasn't around... She was always very shy about it and always felt like she didn't do a great job, then would call me and to reassure her that she did a great job."
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens