Adele Continues to Dominate U.K. Albums Chart, The Strokes Settle for Third
Soul sensation Adele has upset The Strokes' big U.K. chart comeback - the rockers have been forced to settle for third place as the Brit continues to dominate the albums countdown. The singer's sophomore effort, "21", made it nine consecutive weeks at number one, while her debut disc, "19", took second place, leaving The Strokes to enter at three with "Angles", their first release since 2006's "First Impressions of Earth".
Adele's pop reign earns her a place in the record books as the first female star to rule over the U.K. albums chart for nine weeks running since Madonna achieved the feat with "The Immaculate Collection" in 1990. Elsewhere in the new countdown, Nicole Scherzinger's "Killer Love" enters at eight and Chris Brown"'s "F.A.M.E." debuts at 10.
Meanwhile, Adele's hit song "Someone Like You" climbs back to the top of the singles chart, swapping places with Scherzinger's "Don't Hold Your Breath", which became The Pussycat Dolls star's first solo number one in the U.K. last week (ending March 20).
More Adele News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked