Adele Continues to Dominate U.K. Albums Chart, The Strokes Settle for Third
Soul sensation Adele has upset The Strokes' big U.K. chart comeback - the rockers have been forced to settle for third place as the Brit continues to dominate the albums countdown. The singer's sophomore effort, "21", made it nine consecutive weeks at number one, while her debut disc, "19", took second place, leaving The Strokes to enter at three with "Angles", their first release since 2006's "First Impressions of Earth".
Adele's pop reign earns her a place in the record books as the first female star to rule over the U.K. albums chart for nine weeks running since Madonna achieved the feat with "The Immaculate Collection" in 1990. Elsewhere in the new countdown, Nicole Scherzinger's "Killer Love" enters at eight and Chris Brown"'s "F.A.M.E." debuts at 10.
Meanwhile, Adele's hit song "Someone Like You" climbs back to the top of the singles chart, swapping places with Scherzinger's "Don't Hold Your Breath", which became The Pussycat Dolls star's first solo number one in the U.K. last week (ending March 20).
More Adele News
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'