Adele Continues to Dominate U.K. Albums Chart, The Strokes Settle for Third
Soul sensation Adele has upset The Strokes' big U.K. chart comeback - the rockers have been forced to settle for third place as the Brit continues to dominate the albums countdown. The singer's sophomore effort, "21", made it nine consecutive weeks at number one, while her debut disc, "19", took second place, leaving The Strokes to enter at three with "Angles", their first release since 2006's "First Impressions of Earth".
Adele's pop reign earns her a place in the record books as the first female star to rule over the U.K. albums chart for nine weeks running since Madonna achieved the feat with "The Immaculate Collection" in 1990. Elsewhere in the new countdown, Nicole Scherzinger's "Killer Love" enters at eight and Chris Brown"'s "F.A.M.E." debuts at 10.
Meanwhile, Adele's hit song "Someone Like You" climbs back to the top of the singles chart, swapping places with Scherzinger's "Don't Hold Your Breath", which became The Pussycat Dolls star's first solo number one in the U.K. last week (ending March 20).
More Adele News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding