Adele Continues to Dominate U.K. Albums Chart, The Strokes Settle for Third
Soul sensation Adele has upset The Strokes' big U.K. chart comeback - the rockers have been forced to settle for third place as the Brit continues to dominate the albums countdown. The singer's sophomore effort, "21", made it nine consecutive weeks at number one, while her debut disc, "19", took second place, leaving The Strokes to enter at three with "Angles", their first release since 2006's "First Impressions of Earth".
Adele's pop reign earns her a place in the record books as the first female star to rule over the U.K. albums chart for nine weeks running since Madonna achieved the feat with "The Immaculate Collection" in 1990. Elsewhere in the new countdown, Nicole Scherzinger's "Killer Love" enters at eight and Chris Brown"'s "F.A.M.E." debuts at 10.
Meanwhile, Adele's hit song "Someone Like You" climbs back to the top of the singles chart, swapping places with Scherzinger's "Don't Hold Your Breath", which became The Pussycat Dolls star's first solo number one in the U.K. last week (ending March 20).
More Adele News
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks