Adele Continues to Dominate U.K. Albums Chart, The Strokes Settle for Third
Soul sensation Adele has upset The Strokes' big U.K. chart comeback - the rockers have been forced to settle for third place as the Brit continues to dominate the albums countdown. The singer's sophomore effort, "21", made it nine consecutive weeks at number one, while her debut disc, "19", took second place, leaving The Strokes to enter at three with "Angles", their first release since 2006's "First Impressions of Earth".
Adele's pop reign earns her a place in the record books as the first female star to rule over the U.K. albums chart for nine weeks running since Madonna achieved the feat with "The Immaculate Collection" in 1990. Elsewhere in the new countdown, Nicole Scherzinger's "Killer Love" enters at eight and Chris Brown"'s "F.A.M.E." debuts at 10.
Meanwhile, Adele's hit song "Someone Like You" climbs back to the top of the singles chart, swapping places with Scherzinger's "Don't Hold Your Breath", which became The Pussycat Dolls star's first solo number one in the U.K. last week (ending March 20).
More Adele News
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says