Elizabeth Taylor Penned Goodbye Letter to Last Husband
Dame Elizabeth Taylor penned a loving "goodbye" letter to her last husband Larry Fortensky last year, according to his sister. The screen icon passed away on Wednesday, March 23 following years of ill health, and months before her demise, the "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" legend allegedly wrote to Fortensky - who she married in 1991 - to bid him farewell.
Linda Untiet, Fortensky's sibling, tells Britain's Mail on Sunday, "Elizabeth wrote Larry a love letter at the end of last year. It said how much she still loved him. It was almost a goodbye letter. He was very cut up. Liz and Larry always stayed in touch. They had huge affection for each other. Larry spoke to her just before she went into hospital for the last time.
She adds, "She appreciated his loyalty in never speaking out about her. They were friends to the end and Liz loved him right to the end. She loved men and Larry was her last love. It ended because he didn't want to be Mr, Elizabeth Taylor any more. He doesn't need to work thanks to Elizabeth. She valued her true friends and Larry was certainly that."
Taylor was 20 years older than the construction worker when they wed in 1991, after meeting in rehab at California's Betty Ford Clinic. According to the publication, Taylor paid Fortensky $4,800 -per-month to help with his living costs.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding