Elizabeth Taylor Penned Goodbye Letter to Last Husband
Dame Elizabeth Taylor penned a loving "goodbye" letter to her last husband Larry Fortensky last year, according to his sister. The screen icon passed away on Wednesday, March 23 following years of ill health, and months before her demise, the "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" legend allegedly wrote to Fortensky - who she married in 1991 - to bid him farewell.
Linda Untiet, Fortensky's sibling, tells Britain's Mail on Sunday, "Elizabeth wrote Larry a love letter at the end of last year. It said how much she still loved him. It was almost a goodbye letter. He was very cut up. Liz and Larry always stayed in touch. They had huge affection for each other. Larry spoke to her just before she went into hospital for the last time.
She adds, "She appreciated his loyalty in never speaking out about her. They were friends to the end and Liz loved him right to the end. She loved men and Larry was her last love. It ended because he didn't want to be Mr, Elizabeth Taylor any more. He doesn't need to work thanks to Elizabeth. She valued her true friends and Larry was certainly that."
Taylor was 20 years older than the construction worker when they wed in 1991, after meeting in rehab at California's Betty Ford Clinic. According to the publication, Taylor paid Fortensky $4,800 -per-month to help with his living costs.
- 'Bond 25': Yann Demange, Denis Villeneuve and David Mackenzie Are Frontrunners to Direct
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Nearing a Greenlight, Mahershala Ali Set to Star
- Selena Gomez Gets Kinky in 'Fetish' Music Video
- 'American Idol': Lionel Richie, Charlie Puth and Luke Bryan Are Eyed as New Judges
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady GaGa, Seth Rogen and More Slam Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility