Colin Firth to Return to West End Stage With Kristin Scott Thomas
Oscar winner Colin Firth is planning to leave screen glory behind to re-team with his "The English Patient" co-star Kristin Scott Thomas in London's West End. The star picked up the coveted Best Actor prize at February's Academy Awards for his role as stuttering British monarch King George VI in hit film "The King's Speech".
But rather than ride on the wave of his movie success, Firth has decided to challenge himself in a stage role, according to Britain's Mail on Sunday. Firth is allegedly in talks to star alongside Scott Thomas in Harold Pinter's "Betrayal" this autumn.
It would be the first time Firth has stepped on-stage in over a decade. A source tells the publication, "Colin has wanted to go on stage for a long while. He'll do 'Betrayal' after he completes filming 'Gambit' with Cameron Diaz and Alan Rickman."
More Colin Firth News
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week