Colin Firth to Return to West End Stage With Kristin Scott Thomas
Oscar winner Colin Firth is planning to leave screen glory behind to re-team with his "The English Patient" co-star Kristin Scott Thomas in London's West End. The star picked up the coveted Best Actor prize at February's Academy Awards for his role as stuttering British monarch King George VI in hit film "The King's Speech".
But rather than ride on the wave of his movie success, Firth has decided to challenge himself in a stage role, according to Britain's Mail on Sunday. Firth is allegedly in talks to star alongside Scott Thomas in Harold Pinter's "Betrayal" this autumn.
It would be the first time Firth has stepped on-stage in over a decade. A source tells the publication, "Colin has wanted to go on stage for a long while. He'll do 'Betrayal' after he completes filming 'Gambit' with Cameron Diaz and Alan Rickman."
More Colin Firth News
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound