Colin Firth to Return to West End Stage With Kristin Scott Thomas
Oscar winner Colin Firth is planning to leave screen glory behind to re-team with his "The English Patient" co-star Kristin Scott Thomas in London's West End. The star picked up the coveted Best Actor prize at February's Academy Awards for his role as stuttering British monarch King George VI in hit film "The King's Speech".
But rather than ride on the wave of his movie success, Firth has decided to challenge himself in a stage role, according to Britain's Mail on Sunday. Firth is allegedly in talks to star alongside Scott Thomas in Harold Pinter's "Betrayal" this autumn.
It would be the first time Firth has stepped on-stage in over a decade. A source tells the publication, "Colin has wanted to go on stage for a long while. He'll do 'Betrayal' after he completes filming 'Gambit' with Cameron Diaz and Alan Rickman."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'