Colin Firth to Return to West End Stage With Kristin Scott Thomas
Oscar winner Colin Firth is planning to leave screen glory behind to re-team with his "The English Patient" co-star Kristin Scott Thomas in London's West End. The star picked up the coveted Best Actor prize at February's Academy Awards for his role as stuttering British monarch King George VI in hit film "The King's Speech".
But rather than ride on the wave of his movie success, Firth has decided to challenge himself in a stage role, according to Britain's Mail on Sunday. Firth is allegedly in talks to star alongside Scott Thomas in Harold Pinter's "Betrayal" this autumn.
It would be the first time Firth has stepped on-stage in over a decade. A source tells the publication, "Colin has wanted to go on stage for a long while. He'll do 'Betrayal' after he completes filming 'Gambit' with Cameron Diaz and Alan Rickman."
More Colin Firth News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville