Nate Dogg Has Been Laid to Rest in Long Beach
Nate Dogg was buried in true hip-hop style on Saturday, March 26, as rappers Snoop Dogg, Warren G and The Game all turned out to pay their respects. The 41-year-old died earlier this month after a long battle with ill health and the singer was laid to rest in a star-studded funeral in his native Long Beach, California.
His cousin Snoop Dogg and childhood pal Warren G were among the rap royalty who flocked to the event and both read eulogies. In his reading, Snoop said, "He was a loving, caring individual. If you listen to his music, he took church melodies and flipped it with hip-hop."
"I'm so honored, so happy that you gave me the opportunity, God, to know Nate Dogg. I want to stand here and cry, but I have to have the strength for you Nate Dogg."
Thousands of fans also attended a memorial for the late "Regulate" star in the city following a public viewing of his body in California on Friday, March 25.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'