Nate Dogg Has Been Laid to Rest in Long Beach
Nate Dogg was buried in true hip-hop style on Saturday, March 26, as rappers Snoop Dogg, Warren G and The Game all turned out to pay their respects. The 41-year-old died earlier this month after a long battle with ill health and the singer was laid to rest in a star-studded funeral in his native Long Beach, California.
His cousin Snoop Dogg and childhood pal Warren G were among the rap royalty who flocked to the event and both read eulogies. In his reading, Snoop said, "He was a loving, caring individual. If you listen to his music, he took church melodies and flipped it with hip-hop."
"I'm so honored, so happy that you gave me the opportunity, God, to know Nate Dogg. I want to stand here and cry, but I have to have the strength for you Nate Dogg."
Thousands of fans also attended a memorial for the late "Regulate" star in the city following a public viewing of his body in California on Friday, March 25.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'