Nate Dogg Has Been Laid to Rest in Long Beach
Nate Dogg was buried in true hip-hop style on Saturday, March 26, as rappers Snoop Dogg, Warren G and The Game all turned out to pay their respects. The 41-year-old died earlier this month after a long battle with ill health and the singer was laid to rest in a star-studded funeral in his native Long Beach, California.
His cousin Snoop Dogg and childhood pal Warren G were among the rap royalty who flocked to the event and both read eulogies. In his reading, Snoop said, "He was a loving, caring individual. If you listen to his music, he took church melodies and flipped it with hip-hop."
"I'm so honored, so happy that you gave me the opportunity, God, to know Nate Dogg. I want to stand here and cry, but I have to have the strength for you Nate Dogg."
Thousands of fans also attended a memorial for the late "Regulate" star in the city following a public viewing of his body in California on Friday, March 25.
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters
- Choa Announces She's Leaving AOA, Insists It's Not Because She's Pregnant
- Will Jared Leto Reprise The Joker Role for Harley Quinn Spin-Off?
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Posts Lowest Opening in the Franchise
- Ashton Kutcher Claims He Had Hooking Up Agreement With Mila Kunis
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'