Nate Dogg Has Been Laid to Rest in Long Beach
Nate Dogg was buried in true hip-hop style on Saturday, March 26, as rappers Snoop Dogg, Warren G and The Game all turned out to pay their respects. The 41-year-old died earlier this month after a long battle with ill health and the singer was laid to rest in a star-studded funeral in his native Long Beach, California.
His cousin Snoop Dogg and childhood pal Warren G were among the rap royalty who flocked to the event and both read eulogies. In his reading, Snoop said, "He was a loving, caring individual. If you listen to his music, he took church melodies and flipped it with hip-hop."
"I'm so honored, so happy that you gave me the opportunity, God, to know Nate Dogg. I want to stand here and cry, but I have to have the strength for you Nate Dogg."
Thousands of fans also attended a memorial for the late "Regulate" star in the city following a public viewing of his body in California on Friday, March 25.
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech