Nate Dogg Has Been Laid to Rest in Long Beach
Nate Dogg was buried in true hip-hop style on Saturday, March 26, as rappers Snoop Dogg, Warren G and The Game all turned out to pay their respects. The 41-year-old died earlier this month after a long battle with ill health and the singer was laid to rest in a star-studded funeral in his native Long Beach, California.
His cousin Snoop Dogg and childhood pal Warren G were among the rap royalty who flocked to the event and both read eulogies. In his reading, Snoop said, "He was a loving, caring individual. If you listen to his music, he took church melodies and flipped it with hip-hop."
"I'm so honored, so happy that you gave me the opportunity, God, to know Nate Dogg. I want to stand here and cry, but I have to have the strength for you Nate Dogg."
Thousands of fans also attended a memorial for the late "Regulate" star in the city following a public viewing of his body in California on Friday, March 25.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt