Elizabeth Taylor's Funeral Filled With Hugs and Tears, Goddaughter Recalls
Elizabeth Taylor's goddaughter has opened up about the movie legend's funeral, revealing the private ceremony was "very intimate and very quiet" and full of "hugs and lots of tears". The screen icon passed away on Wednesday, March 23, after losing her battle with congestive heart failure and she was laid to rest in Glendale, California a day later.
Taylor's funeral was kept private for close friends and family and her goddaughter Victoria Brynner, daughter of Hollywood legend Yul Brynner, has now opened up about the emotional service. She tells TV host Piers Morgan, "It was her children, and a few of us were sort of the aggregate family, which was very intimate and very quiet and just lovely. Just sad, obviously..."
"It was a fairly short ceremony. And it was lovely, and it was in a fairly small, narrow space. Under a beautiful white angel, a very large statue. And that is where she will be laid to rest. And it was just a short moment with family members speaking, and some quiet moments to reflect. And lots of hugs and lots of tears."
Brynner has also confirmed reports actor Colin Farrell recited a passage of Irish poetry during the service, adding, "Yes. They knew each other, and I'm not really sure how this came about. But it was actually a lovely added note, an additional speaker which was welcome."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says