Elizabeth Taylor's Funeral Filled With Hugs and Tears, Goddaughter Recalls
Elizabeth Taylor's goddaughter has opened up about the movie legend's funeral, revealing the private ceremony was "very intimate and very quiet" and full of "hugs and lots of tears". The screen icon passed away on Wednesday, March 23, after losing her battle with congestive heart failure and she was laid to rest in Glendale, California a day later.
Taylor's funeral was kept private for close friends and family and her goddaughter Victoria Brynner, daughter of Hollywood legend Yul Brynner, has now opened up about the emotional service. She tells TV host Piers Morgan, "It was her children, and a few of us were sort of the aggregate family, which was very intimate and very quiet and just lovely. Just sad, obviously..."
"It was a fairly short ceremony. And it was lovely, and it was in a fairly small, narrow space. Under a beautiful white angel, a very large statue. And that is where she will be laid to rest. And it was just a short moment with family members speaking, and some quiet moments to reflect. And lots of hugs and lots of tears."
Brynner has also confirmed reports actor Colin Farrell recited a passage of Irish poetry during the service, adding, "Yes. They knew each other, and I'm not really sure how this came about. But it was actually a lovely added note, an additional speaker which was welcome."
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'