Shooter in E-40's Concert Jailed
A Colorado man convicted of fatally shooting a concert-goer after a 2009 show by rapper E-40 has been sentenced to life in prison without parole. Terry Gaines, Jr. was arrested in April 2009 on a charge of first-degree murder after the body of Michael Davis, 27, was found in his car following the hip-hop star's gig in Colorado Springs.
Police reported bullets were fired at the victim as he sat in his vehicle and Gaines, Jr. was spotted speeding away from the crime scene after the shots rang out. Gaines, Jr., who claimed he acted in self-defense after allegedly seeing Davis reach for a gun, was handed the punishment in court on Friday, March 25, according to ABC News.
The shooting wasn't the only charge the 24 year old faced, he also received four years behind bars for a count of vehicular eluding for leading police on a chase, two years for gun possession by a convicted offender, and four years for a drug count stemming from 2007.
The 2009 incident was the second E-40 gig in Colorado to descend into chaos in months. The rapper was forced to deny any involvement in a brawl that occurred during a performance in Denver in December 2008, when five people were injured in a shoot out.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation