Elizabeth Taylor Takes James Dean's Dark Childhood to the Grave
Dame Elizabeth Taylor took one of James Dean's most private confessions to the grave when she died on Wednesday, March 23 - he was molested by a minister when he was a child, according to revered journalist Kevin Sessums.
Taylor opened up about Dean's little-known past during an interview in 1997, when she reportedly swore the writer to secrecy - only allowing him to reveal all upon her death. The Hollywood icon, who starred alongside Dean in the classic film "Giant", told Sessums, "I'm going to tell you something, but it's off the record until I die. OK?"
The journalist has now recalled the 14-year-old interview in a new article for TheDailyBeast.com, in which he quotes Taylor as saying, "When Jimmy was 11 and his mother passed away, he began to be molested by his minister. I think that haunted him the rest of his life. In fact, I know it did. We talked about it a lot. During 'Giant' we'd stay up nights and talk and talk, and that was one of the things he confessed to me."
Dean was killed in a car accident in 1955 at the age of 24, just one year before "Giant" was released.
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities