Confirmed: Jamiroquai to Continue European Tour After Tragic Accident
British funk stars Jamiroquai have confirmed plans to press ahead with their European tour following the tragic death of a crew member at a gig venue in France on Thursday, March 24. The band canceled a show at Lyon's Halle Tony Garnier Arena after the unnamed 26-year-old technician slipped as he constructed the group's stage set and plunged 50 feet (15 meters) to his death.
The musicians released a statement voicing their sadness about the tragedy and called off the show as a mark of respect. They have now confirmed they are heading to Germany to continue with their Rock Dust Light Star tour and press on with a planned show at the Olympiahalle in Munich on Saturday, March 26.
A message posted on the band's Facebook page reads, "Things feel a little strange today but (we're) gonna focus 100 per cent on the next show at Olympiahalle. Thanks to everyone - you're amazing!"
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake