Confirmed: Jamiroquai to Continue European Tour After Tragic Accident
British funk stars Jamiroquai have confirmed plans to press ahead with their European tour following the tragic death of a crew member at a gig venue in France on Thursday, March 24. The band canceled a show at Lyon's Halle Tony Garnier Arena after the unnamed 26-year-old technician slipped as he constructed the group's stage set and plunged 50 feet (15 meters) to his death.
The musicians released a statement voicing their sadness about the tragedy and called off the show as a mark of respect. They have now confirmed they are heading to Germany to continue with their Rock Dust Light Star tour and press on with a planned show at the Olympiahalle in Munich on Saturday, March 26.
A message posted on the band's Facebook page reads, "Things feel a little strange today but (we're) gonna focus 100 per cent on the next show at Olympiahalle. Thanks to everyone - you're amazing!"
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour