Confirmed: Jamiroquai to Continue European Tour After Tragic Accident
British funk stars Jamiroquai have confirmed plans to press ahead with their European tour following the tragic death of a crew member at a gig venue in France on Thursday, March 24. The band canceled a show at Lyon's Halle Tony Garnier Arena after the unnamed 26-year-old technician slipped as he constructed the group's stage set and plunged 50 feet (15 meters) to his death.
The musicians released a statement voicing their sadness about the tragedy and called off the show as a mark of respect. They have now confirmed they are heading to Germany to continue with their Rock Dust Light Star tour and press on with a planned show at the Olympiahalle in Munich on Saturday, March 26.
A message posted on the band's Facebook page reads, "Things feel a little strange today but (we're) gonna focus 100 per cent on the next show at Olympiahalle. Thanks to everyone - you're amazing!"
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour