Cee-Lo Thinks Tough Past Helps His Career
Singer Cee-Lo Green is convinced his tough background has helped him in the music industry, as his "skin is a little thicker" because of his difficult past. The "Forget You" hitmaker's father died when he was two years old and his mother, Sheila, was paralyzed in a car crash, dying two years after the accident when Green was just 18.
He suffered from depression as a result and has previously admitted he was "just a plain maniac" in his youth, adding, "I was enraged. I was disgruntled, without an outlet. I was aggressive and I was pretty efficient with it, I took pride in that ability."
Green refuses to link the loss of his parents to his bad behavior, but is adamant his love of music helped change his attitude. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I never knew my father. He could have been violent in his own right. It's not for me to speculate. I've always had the same heart. The same heart that creates music is the one that made me determined to protect myself at all costs."
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy