Cee-Lo Thinks Tough Past Helps His Career
Singer Cee-Lo Green is convinced his tough background has helped him in the music industry, as his "skin is a little thicker" because of his difficult past. The "Forget You" hitmaker's father died when he was two years old and his mother, Sheila, was paralyzed in a car crash, dying two years after the accident when Green was just 18.
He suffered from depression as a result and has previously admitted he was "just a plain maniac" in his youth, adding, "I was enraged. I was disgruntled, without an outlet. I was aggressive and I was pretty efficient with it, I took pride in that ability."
Green refuses to link the loss of his parents to his bad behavior, but is adamant his love of music helped change his attitude. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I never knew my father. He could have been violent in his own right. It's not for me to speculate. I've always had the same heart. The same heart that creates music is the one that made me determined to protect myself at all costs."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story