Cee-Lo Thinks Tough Past Helps His Career
Singer Cee-Lo Green is convinced his tough background has helped him in the music industry, as his "skin is a little thicker" because of his difficult past. The "Forget You" hitmaker's father died when he was two years old and his mother, Sheila, was paralyzed in a car crash, dying two years after the accident when Green was just 18.
He suffered from depression as a result and has previously admitted he was "just a plain maniac" in his youth, adding, "I was enraged. I was disgruntled, without an outlet. I was aggressive and I was pretty efficient with it, I took pride in that ability."
Green refuses to link the loss of his parents to his bad behavior, but is adamant his love of music helped change his attitude. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I never knew my father. He could have been violent in his own right. It's not for me to speculate. I've always had the same heart. The same heart that creates music is the one that made me determined to protect myself at all costs."
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs