Cee-Lo Thinks Tough Past Helps His Career
Singer Cee-Lo Green is convinced his tough background has helped him in the music industry, as his "skin is a little thicker" because of his difficult past. The "Forget You" hitmaker's father died when he was two years old and his mother, Sheila, was paralyzed in a car crash, dying two years after the accident when Green was just 18.
He suffered from depression as a result and has previously admitted he was "just a plain maniac" in his youth, adding, "I was enraged. I was disgruntled, without an outlet. I was aggressive and I was pretty efficient with it, I took pride in that ability."
Green refuses to link the loss of his parents to his bad behavior, but is adamant his love of music helped change his attitude. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I never knew my father. He could have been violent in his own right. It's not for me to speculate. I've always had the same heart. The same heart that creates music is the one that made me determined to protect myself at all costs."
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage