Cee-Lo Thinks Tough Past Helps His Career
Singer Cee-Lo Green is convinced his tough background has helped him in the music industry, as his "skin is a little thicker" because of his difficult past. The "Forget You" hitmaker's father died when he was two years old and his mother, Sheila, was paralyzed in a car crash, dying two years after the accident when Green was just 18.
He suffered from depression as a result and has previously admitted he was "just a plain maniac" in his youth, adding, "I was enraged. I was disgruntled, without an outlet. I was aggressive and I was pretty efficient with it, I took pride in that ability."
Green refuses to link the loss of his parents to his bad behavior, but is adamant his love of music helped change his attitude. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I never knew my father. He could have been violent in his own right. It's not for me to speculate. I've always had the same heart. The same heart that creates music is the one that made me determined to protect myself at all costs."
- Snoop Dogg Unveils Cover Art of New Album 'Neva Left'
- Serena Williams Pens Touching Love Note to Her Unborn Child
- Naughty Ashley Graham Flaunts Major Cleavage While Dancing in Sexy Lingerie
- Kygo Releases Heartbreaking Video for 'It Ain't Me' Ft. Selena Gomez
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Features Shocking Elimination on 'Boy Bands and Girl Groups' Night
- See the Bonding Between Characters in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Featurette
- Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Flaunt Beach Bodies in Skimpy Bikinis During Mexican Trip
- Mel B Claims Stephen Belafonte Is Involved in Porn Industry