Drake to Be Honored at Songwriters Hall of Fame Awards
Hip-hop sensation Drake is set to receive a top honor at the prestigious Songwriters Hall of Fame Awards in June. The "Fancy" hitmaker will be presented with the Hal David Starlight Award at the 42nd Annual Induction and Awards Dinner in New York. The prize is given to songwriters who have made a significant impact in the music industry through original songs.
Announcing the news on Thursday, March 24, Songwriting Hall of Fame Chairman Jimmy Webb says, "Drake shines as a talented songwriter with a unique vision." Country sweetheart Taylor Swift was handed the honor last year, while Alicia Keys, John Legend and John Mayer are also among previous recipients.
Inductees set to be feted at the 2011 ceremony include blues icon Leon Russell and country superstar Garth Brooks.
More Drake News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera