Ben Stiller Fears His Home Is Haunted
Actor Ben Stiller is uneasy living in the suburbs on New York because he's "aware of ghosts" and afraid his house might be haunted. The actor recently moved from the west coast to the Big Apple to star in the Broadway play "The House of Blue Leaves", and he admits he isn't too keen about transplanting to a town outside the city limits.
He says, "I have a little thing with quietness and spirits. I'm aware of ghosts. I sort of believe in ghosts, and my wife doesn't; she's afraid of axe murders." But the "Meet the Parents" star has reason to be afraid - he has lived in two haunted homes before.
He continued, "We rented a house in Los Angeles a few years ago, that something had gone on in, because the caretaker of the house was a little bit loopy. She had called to check on us a few days in and she said, 'How's it going? Have you had any experiences?'
He adds, "And I said 'No', and she goes 'Well... when I stayed there every morning I woke up at 4.43 am for three weeks straight. And I got buzzed on the intercom a few times and I heard a few doors slam. And then one morning at about 4.48 am in the morning I heard a party going on downstairs, a full on party with Charleston music playing and people mingling.'"
Though Stiller insists he hasn't seen any ghosts himself, the actor reveals his parents Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara once rented a home in Nantucket that was supposedly haunted by a young baby named Stanley Benjamin.
More Ben Stiller News
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations