Danny McBride Detained by Police After Fans Mob
"Pineapple Express" star Danny McBride sparked a police scare during a night out in Georgia this week (beginning March 21) after a large group of fans swarmed the actor for autographs.
McBride was heading back to his hotel near the University of Georgia in Athens early on Thursday, March 24 when college students recognized the actor and hounded him for photos and autographs. The street commotion attracted the attention of a nearby police officer, who approached the actor and raised concerns about a potential mob situation, according to TMZ.com.
McBride's representative confirms the star accompanied the cop to a local police station and was subsequently released without charge. He adds that the actor went into the local police station and spoke with the police about the situation. When it was all clear, they called him a cab to he could return to his hotel.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'