Danny McBride Detained by Police After Fans Mob
"Pineapple Express" star Danny McBride sparked a police scare during a night out in Georgia this week (beginning March 21) after a large group of fans swarmed the actor for autographs.
McBride was heading back to his hotel near the University of Georgia in Athens early on Thursday, March 24 when college students recognized the actor and hounded him for photos and autographs. The street commotion attracted the attention of a nearby police officer, who approached the actor and raised concerns about a potential mob situation, according to TMZ.com.
McBride's representative confirms the star accompanied the cop to a local police station and was subsequently released without charge. He adds that the actor went into the local police station and spoke with the police about the situation. When it was all clear, they called him a cab to he could return to his hotel.
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna