Danny McBride Detained by Police After Fans Mob
"Pineapple Express" star Danny McBride sparked a police scare during a night out in Georgia this week (beginning March 21) after a large group of fans swarmed the actor for autographs.
McBride was heading back to his hotel near the University of Georgia in Athens early on Thursday, March 24 when college students recognized the actor and hounded him for photos and autographs. The street commotion attracted the attention of a nearby police officer, who approached the actor and raised concerns about a potential mob situation, according to TMZ.com.
McBride's representative confirms the star accompanied the cop to a local police station and was subsequently released without charge. He adds that the actor went into the local police station and spoke with the police about the situation. When it was all clear, they called him a cab to he could return to his hotel.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser