Danny McBride Detained by Police After Fans Mob
"Pineapple Express" star Danny McBride sparked a police scare during a night out in Georgia this week (beginning March 21) after a large group of fans swarmed the actor for autographs.
McBride was heading back to his hotel near the University of Georgia in Athens early on Thursday, March 24 when college students recognized the actor and hounded him for photos and autographs. The street commotion attracted the attention of a nearby police officer, who approached the actor and raised concerns about a potential mob situation, according to TMZ.com.
McBride's representative confirms the star accompanied the cop to a local police station and was subsequently released without charge. He adds that the actor went into the local police station and spoke with the police about the situation. When it was all clear, they called him a cab to he could return to his hotel.
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!