Danny McBride Detained by Police After Fans Mob
"Pineapple Express" star Danny McBride sparked a police scare during a night out in Georgia this week (beginning March 21) after a large group of fans swarmed the actor for autographs.
McBride was heading back to his hotel near the University of Georgia in Athens early on Thursday, March 24 when college students recognized the actor and hounded him for photos and autographs. The street commotion attracted the attention of a nearby police officer, who approached the actor and raised concerns about a potential mob situation, according to TMZ.com.
McBride's representative confirms the star accompanied the cop to a local police station and was subsequently released without charge. He adds that the actor went into the local police station and spoke with the police about the situation. When it was all clear, they called him a cab to he could return to his hotel.
More Danny McBride News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival