TV Role Improves Kate Winslet's Cooking Skills
Kate Winslet improved her skills in the kitchen while shooting new TV show "Mildred Pierce" - she received chicken-chopping lessons from celebrity chef Tom Colicchio. The "Titanic" actress takes the title role in the upcoming HBO drama, playing a young mother in the 1930s who opens up a bakery to earn extra cash.
Producers drafted in famed cook Colicchio to teach Winslet an authentic retro technique for cutting up meat - and she was delighted to learn new culinary skills. Winslet tells GrubStreet.com, "I cook anyway, so I was very fortunate with that. I was working with the culinary experts, and they just could see that I'm obviously used to being in the kitchen. And that definitely did help, I have to say, especially when I had to do things quite swiftly and deftly in the kitchen and make it look as though she had been doing it for years.
And Winslet has continued using her new-found skills in her kitchen at home. She adds, "I never buy chicken in pieces anymore, I always buy a whole chicken. I'm like, I know how to do this!"
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent