TV Role Improves Kate Winslet's Cooking Skills
Kate Winslet improved her skills in the kitchen while shooting new TV show "Mildred Pierce" - she received chicken-chopping lessons from celebrity chef Tom Colicchio. The "Titanic" actress takes the title role in the upcoming HBO drama, playing a young mother in the 1930s who opens up a bakery to earn extra cash.
Producers drafted in famed cook Colicchio to teach Winslet an authentic retro technique for cutting up meat - and she was delighted to learn new culinary skills. Winslet tells GrubStreet.com, "I cook anyway, so I was very fortunate with that. I was working with the culinary experts, and they just could see that I'm obviously used to being in the kitchen. And that definitely did help, I have to say, especially when I had to do things quite swiftly and deftly in the kitchen and make it look as though she had been doing it for years.
And Winslet has continued using her new-found skills in her kitchen at home. She adds, "I never buy chicken in pieces anymore, I always buy a whole chicken. I'm like, I know how to do this!"
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes