TV Role Improves Kate Winslet's Cooking Skills
Kate Winslet improved her skills in the kitchen while shooting new TV show "Mildred Pierce" - she received chicken-chopping lessons from celebrity chef Tom Colicchio. The "Titanic" actress takes the title role in the upcoming HBO drama, playing a young mother in the 1930s who opens up a bakery to earn extra cash.
Producers drafted in famed cook Colicchio to teach Winslet an authentic retro technique for cutting up meat - and she was delighted to learn new culinary skills. Winslet tells GrubStreet.com, "I cook anyway, so I was very fortunate with that. I was working with the culinary experts, and they just could see that I'm obviously used to being in the kitchen. And that definitely did help, I have to say, especially when I had to do things quite swiftly and deftly in the kitchen and make it look as though she had been doing it for years.
More Kate Winslet News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'