TV Role Improves Kate Winslet's Cooking Skills
Kate Winslet improved her skills in the kitchen while shooting new TV show "Mildred Pierce" - she received chicken-chopping lessons from celebrity chef Tom Colicchio. The "Titanic" actress takes the title role in the upcoming HBO drama, playing a young mother in the 1930s who opens up a bakery to earn extra cash.
Producers drafted in famed cook Colicchio to teach Winslet an authentic retro technique for cutting up meat - and she was delighted to learn new culinary skills. Winslet tells GrubStreet.com, "I cook anyway, so I was very fortunate with that. I was working with the culinary experts, and they just could see that I'm obviously used to being in the kitchen. And that definitely did help, I have to say, especially when I had to do things quite swiftly and deftly in the kitchen and make it look as though she had been doing it for years.
And Winslet has continued using her new-found skills in her kitchen at home. She adds, "I never buy chicken in pieces anymore, I always buy a whole chicken. I'm like, I know how to do this!"
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie