Ashton Kutcher Could Be Tommy Lee in 'The Dirt'
The writer penning the script for the movie adaptation of Motley Crue memoir "The Dirt" has called for Ashton Kutcher, Sam Rockwell and Jared Leto to play band-mates Tommy Lee, Mick Mars and Vince Neil in the film. In a new interview with MTV, "The Dirt" co-writer Neil Strauss has revealed screenwriter Rich Wilkes has drawn up his wish list of stars, who he'd like to see as the rockers in the movie.
Strauss explains, "He told me who he'd love to see in the film. Here's who he sees: Brad Pitt as David Lee Roth, Jared Leto as Vince Neil, Jack Black or Philip Seymour Hoffman as Ozzy Osbourne... Justin Timberlake as their first manager, Sam Rockwell as Mick Mars, Ashton Kutcher or Russell Brand as Tommy Lee. He's got it all thought out. That would be amazing."
But Strauss admits that although the first draft of the screenplay is amazing, there are issues about actually turning it into a film. He adds, "I really hope they make it. I think it will be great. I think they're just scared because it's obviously going to be a hard R (rated) movie. I think they're worried they won't make enough money off it."
Drummer Tommy Lee recently stated Rob Zombie was on-board to direct the film. Zombie has since denied that.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding