Ashton Kutcher Could Be Tommy Lee in 'The Dirt'
The writer penning the script for the movie adaptation of Motley Crue memoir "The Dirt" has called for Ashton Kutcher, Sam Rockwell and Jared Leto to play band-mates Tommy Lee, Mick Mars and Vince Neil in the film. In a new interview with MTV, "The Dirt" co-writer Neil Strauss has revealed screenwriter Rich Wilkes has drawn up his wish list of stars, who he'd like to see as the rockers in the movie.
Strauss explains, "He told me who he'd love to see in the film. Here's who he sees: Brad Pitt as David Lee Roth, Jared Leto as Vince Neil, Jack Black or Philip Seymour Hoffman as Ozzy Osbourne... Justin Timberlake as their first manager, Sam Rockwell as Mick Mars, Ashton Kutcher or Russell Brand as Tommy Lee. He's got it all thought out. That would be amazing."
But Strauss admits that although the first draft of the screenplay is amazing, there are issues about actually turning it into a film. He adds, "I really hope they make it. I think it will be great. I think they're just scared because it's obviously going to be a hard R (rated) movie. I think they're worried they won't make enough money off it."
Drummer Tommy Lee recently stated Rob Zombie was on-board to direct the film. Zombie has since denied that.
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?