Researching for 'Trust', Clive Owen Interviewed Rape Victim Parents
Movie star Clive Owen spent time with the parents of a teenage rape victim while researching his new role in hard-hitting new movie "Trust". In the film, the Brit plays a father who becomes a vigilante after his daughter is assaulted by an Internet sex predator, and the "deep pain" of such a violation became really apparent when he interviewed a couple who had experienced what his character goes through in the film, for real.
"In this film we are a very happy family and this looks like the kid you don't worry about; she looks smart and together but anyone can be vulnerable," he tells WENN. "Kids of a certain age are naive, they haven't lived long enough; they're emotionally immature and because of that are vulnerable.
"We met a couple, where their daughter had gotten into a situation on the Internet where she'd been raped six years ago, and the second they started talking about it, I saw how deep the pain of something like this is."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip