Researching for 'Trust', Clive Owen Interviewed Rape Victim Parents
Movie star Clive Owen spent time with the parents of a teenage rape victim while researching his new role in hard-hitting new movie "Trust". In the film, the Brit plays a father who becomes a vigilante after his daughter is assaulted by an Internet sex predator, and the "deep pain" of such a violation became really apparent when he interviewed a couple who had experienced what his character goes through in the film, for real.
"In this film we are a very happy family and this looks like the kid you don't worry about; she looks smart and together but anyone can be vulnerable," he tells WENN. "Kids of a certain age are naive, they haven't lived long enough; they're emotionally immature and because of that are vulnerable.
"We met a couple, where their daughter had gotten into a situation on the Internet where she'd been raped six years ago, and the second they started talking about it, I saw how deep the pain of something like this is."
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson