Researching for 'Trust', Clive Owen Interviewed Rape Victim Parents
Movie star Clive Owen spent time with the parents of a teenage rape victim while researching his new role in hard-hitting new movie "Trust". In the film, the Brit plays a father who becomes a vigilante after his daughter is assaulted by an Internet sex predator, and the "deep pain" of such a violation became really apparent when he interviewed a couple who had experienced what his character goes through in the film, for real.
"In this film we are a very happy family and this looks like the kid you don't worry about; she looks smart and together but anyone can be vulnerable," he tells WENN. "Kids of a certain age are naive, they haven't lived long enough; they're emotionally immature and because of that are vulnerable.
"We met a couple, where their daughter had gotten into a situation on the Internet where she'd been raped six years ago, and the second they started talking about it, I saw how deep the pain of something like this is."
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip
- Bryce Dallas Howard Denies Chris Pratt Feud Rumors: I 'Worship' Him
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!