Researching for 'Trust', Clive Owen Interviewed Rape Victim Parents
Movie star Clive Owen spent time with the parents of a teenage rape victim while researching his new role in hard-hitting new movie "Trust". In the film, the Brit plays a father who becomes a vigilante after his daughter is assaulted by an Internet sex predator, and the "deep pain" of such a violation became really apparent when he interviewed a couple who had experienced what his character goes through in the film, for real.
"In this film we are a very happy family and this looks like the kid you don't worry about; she looks smart and together but anyone can be vulnerable," he tells WENN. "Kids of a certain age are naive, they haven't lived long enough; they're emotionally immature and because of that are vulnerable.
"We met a couple, where their daughter had gotten into a situation on the Internet where she'd been raped six years ago, and the second they started talking about it, I saw how deep the pain of something like this is."
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them