Researching for 'Trust', Clive Owen Interviewed Rape Victim Parents
Movie star Clive Owen spent time with the parents of a teenage rape victim while researching his new role in hard-hitting new movie "Trust". In the film, the Brit plays a father who becomes a vigilante after his daughter is assaulted by an Internet sex predator, and the "deep pain" of such a violation became really apparent when he interviewed a couple who had experienced what his character goes through in the film, for real.
"In this film we are a very happy family and this looks like the kid you don't worry about; she looks smart and together but anyone can be vulnerable," he tells WENN. "Kids of a certain age are naive, they haven't lived long enough; they're emotionally immature and because of that are vulnerable.
"We met a couple, where their daughter had gotten into a situation on the Internet where she'd been raped six years ago, and the second they started talking about it, I saw how deep the pain of something like this is."
More Trust News
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound