Michael Jackson's Dad to Jail Dr. Conrad Murray
Michael Jackson's dad has been given a boost in his bid to file a wrongful death civil suit against cardiologist Dr. Conrad Murray.
Joe Jackson maintains Murray is responsible for the death of his son, and now a Los Angeles judge has rejected a motion from the doctor's lawyers to dismiss the argument. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Johnson is scheduled to hear arguments on Wednesday, March 23, before making a final ruling.
Jackson's lawsuit, which was filed in November 2010, seeks unspecified damages against Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter in the death of the King of Pop in a separate criminal case.
Joe Jackson alleges Murray was negligent in administering anaesthetic propofol to his son, who died in June 2009.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels