Michael Jackson's Dad to Jail Dr. Conrad Murray
Michael Jackson's dad has been given a boost in his bid to file a wrongful death civil suit against cardiologist Dr. Conrad Murray.
Joe Jackson maintains Murray is responsible for the death of his son, and now a Los Angeles judge has rejected a motion from the doctor's lawyers to dismiss the argument. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Johnson is scheduled to hear arguments on Wednesday, March 23, before making a final ruling.
Jackson's lawsuit, which was filed in November 2010, seeks unspecified damages against Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter in the death of the King of Pop in a separate criminal case.
Joe Jackson alleges Murray was negligent in administering anaesthetic propofol to his son, who died in June 2009.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7