Michael Jackson's Dad to Jail Dr. Conrad Murray
Michael Jackson's dad has been given a boost in his bid to file a wrongful death civil suit against cardiologist Dr. Conrad Murray.
Joe Jackson maintains Murray is responsible for the death of his son, and now a Los Angeles judge has rejected a motion from the doctor's lawyers to dismiss the argument. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Johnson is scheduled to hear arguments on Wednesday, March 23, before making a final ruling.
Jackson's lawsuit, which was filed in November 2010, seeks unspecified damages against Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter in the death of the King of Pop in a separate criminal case.
Joe Jackson alleges Murray was negligent in administering anaesthetic propofol to his son, who died in June 2009.
More Joe Jackson News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'