Michael Jackson's Dad to Jail Dr. Conrad Murray
Michael Jackson's dad has been given a boost in his bid to file a wrongful death civil suit against cardiologist Dr. Conrad Murray.
Joe Jackson maintains Murray is responsible for the death of his son, and now a Los Angeles judge has rejected a motion from the doctor's lawyers to dismiss the argument. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Johnson is scheduled to hear arguments on Wednesday, March 23, before making a final ruling.
Jackson's lawsuit, which was filed in November 2010, seeks unspecified damages against Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter in the death of the King of Pop in a separate criminal case.
Joe Jackson alleges Murray was negligent in administering anaesthetic propofol to his son, who died in June 2009.
More Joe Jackson News
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song