Lawrence Taylor Sentenced for Raping a Teenage Girl
American football legend-turned-reality TV star Lawrence Taylor has been convicted for having sex with a teenage prostitute.
The former New York Giants superstar has been sentenced to six months probation after cutting a plea deal with prosecutors. As part of the deal, the "Hall of Fame" star must register as a sex offender.
Taylor pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct and soliciting a prostitute in January. He was initially charged with raping a 16-year-old runaway, criminal sexual acts, sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child after he was arrested at a Ramapo, New York hotel last May.
The 52-year-old former linebacker has been known for living a controversial life style, during and after his playing career in NFL. Before his sex-crime scandal emerged, he admitted to using cocaine as early as his second year in the NFL. He was suspended several times by the league for failing drugs tests. But sadly, his drug abuse escalated even worse after his retirement. He was jailed three times for attempted drug possession. From 1998 to 2009, Taylor lived a sober, drug-free life. He worked as a color commentator on sporting events after his retirement, and pursued a career as an actor.
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations