Lawrence Taylor Sentenced for Raping a Teenage Girl
American football legend-turned-reality TV star Lawrence Taylor has been convicted for having sex with a teenage prostitute.
The former New York Giants superstar has been sentenced to six months probation after cutting a plea deal with prosecutors. As part of the deal, the "Hall of Fame" star must register as a sex offender.
Taylor pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct and soliciting a prostitute in January. He was initially charged with raping a 16-year-old runaway, criminal sexual acts, sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child after he was arrested at a Ramapo, New York hotel last May.
The 52-year-old former linebacker has been known for living a controversial life style, during and after his playing career in NFL. Before his sex-crime scandal emerged, he admitted to using cocaine as early as his second year in the NFL. He was suspended several times by the league for failing drugs tests. But sadly, his drug abuse escalated even worse after his retirement. He was jailed three times for attempted drug possession. From 1998 to 2009, Taylor lived a sober, drug-free life. He worked as a color commentator on sporting events after his retirement, and pursued a career as an actor.
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role