James Franco Makes Peace With Bruce Vilanch
Actor James Franco has made peace with long-time Oscars writer Bruce Vilanch after taking offense to criticism over his stint as a co-host at the Academy Awards last month. The "Spider-Man" star joined forces with Anne Hathaway to present the biggest event in Hollywood's awards season calendar, but the young duo's attempts to entertain failed to win over critics and viewers alike.
Vilanch recently voiced his opinion about the performance, suggesting Franco had been juggling too many responsibilities to give the gig his all. The actor took aim at Vilanch by posting a photo of the pair on his Twitter.com page and writing "James f**ked up the Oscars. Trust me, I know comedy. I mean, come on, I write for "Bette Midler"!" over the writer's face.
The post was later removed, but not before it was picked up by various blogs online, prompting Vilanch to reach out to Franco. The writer explained his comments were made in jest in a "much lighter" tone, adding, "I would never diss you, that's not my style."
Franco conceded he had made a mistake by getting caught up in the gossip and issued an apology of his own to Vilanch, writing on Twitter: "Thanks Bruce. Sorry for reading stupid blogs. James."
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner