James Franco Makes Peace With Bruce Vilanch
Actor James Franco has made peace with long-time Oscars writer Bruce Vilanch after taking offense to criticism over his stint as a co-host at the Academy Awards last month. The "Spider-Man" star joined forces with Anne Hathaway to present the biggest event in Hollywood's awards season calendar, but the young duo's attempts to entertain failed to win over critics and viewers alike.
Vilanch recently voiced his opinion about the performance, suggesting Franco had been juggling too many responsibilities to give the gig his all. The actor took aim at Vilanch by posting a photo of the pair on his Twitter.com page and writing "James f**ked up the Oscars. Trust me, I know comedy. I mean, come on, I write for "Bette Midler"!" over the writer's face.
The post was later removed, but not before it was picked up by various blogs online, prompting Vilanch to reach out to Franco. The writer explained his comments were made in jest in a "much lighter" tone, adding, "I would never diss you, that's not my style."
Franco conceded he had made a mistake by getting caught up in the gossip and issued an apology of his own to Vilanch, writing on Twitter: "Thanks Bruce. Sorry for reading stupid blogs. James."
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans