Hugh Jackman to Step Into His Solo Show in San Francisco
Hugh Jackman is taking his love of musicals to California with a solo show in San Francisco. The "X-Men" star has long been involved with musical theater, winning critical acclaim and an Olivier Award nomination for his 1998 performance in a London production of "Oklahoma!", while he has also performed in "Carousel and The Boy From Oz".
He took his talents to Broadway in 2009, starring opposite Daniel Craig in "A Steady Rain", and now he's heading west to San Francisco to put on a musical show of his own. Jackman will spend two weeks in May performing at the city's Curran Theater, singing famous songs from Broadway and Hollywood musicals. The show will run from May 3-15.
A statement posted on the theater's website reads, "(The theater) proudly presents Hugh Jackman, in Performance at The Curran Theater for a two week limited engagement (from) May 3-15 in San Francisco. Hugh Jackman will perform his Broadway and Hollywood favorite musical numbers backed by a 17 piece orchestra."
More Hugh Jackman News
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed