Rihanna Axes 'Loud' Tour Due to Poor Ticket Sales
Rihanna's "Loud" tour is struggling to make some noise in the U.S., the singer has reportedly been urged to axe concerts due to poor ticket sales. The "Umbrella" hitmaker was forced to scrap a string of dates on her "Last Girl On Earth Tour" last year following disappointing sales figures.
The latest reports suggest Rihanna's "Loud" trek has also been hit hard, with her management team urging her to cancel a number of Stateside concerts after poor pre-sales last month, according to the New York Post's Page Six.
A source tells the publication, "It has been a big disappointment. The ticket sales in big U.S. cities like Boston are so bad, they will barely cover basics like the lighting and other arena costs. Tour managers are begging local radio stations to do giveaways."
Just 3,700 tickets have reportedly been sold for Rihanna's gig at the T.D. Garden arena in Boston, Massachusetts in July, and she'll need at least 15,000 to break even.
More Rihanna News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour