Rihanna Axes 'Loud' Tour Due to Poor Ticket Sales
Rihanna's "Loud" tour is struggling to make some noise in the U.S., the singer has reportedly been urged to axe concerts due to poor ticket sales. The "Umbrella" hitmaker was forced to scrap a string of dates on her "Last Girl On Earth Tour" last year following disappointing sales figures.
The latest reports suggest Rihanna's "Loud" trek has also been hit hard, with her management team urging her to cancel a number of Stateside concerts after poor pre-sales last month, according to the New York Post's Page Six.
A source tells the publication, "It has been a big disappointment. The ticket sales in big U.S. cities like Boston are so bad, they will barely cover basics like the lighting and other arena costs. Tour managers are begging local radio stations to do giveaways."
Just 3,700 tickets have reportedly been sold for Rihanna's gig at the T.D. Garden arena in Boston, Massachusetts in July, and she'll need at least 15,000 to break even.
More Rihanna News
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!