Rihanna Axes 'Loud' Tour Due to Poor Ticket Sales
Rihanna's "Loud" tour is struggling to make some noise in the U.S., the singer has reportedly been urged to axe concerts due to poor ticket sales. The "Umbrella" hitmaker was forced to scrap a string of dates on her "Last Girl On Earth Tour" last year following disappointing sales figures.
The latest reports suggest Rihanna's "Loud" trek has also been hit hard, with her management team urging her to cancel a number of Stateside concerts after poor pre-sales last month, according to the New York Post's Page Six.
A source tells the publication, "It has been a big disappointment. The ticket sales in big U.S. cities like Boston are so bad, they will barely cover basics like the lighting and other arena costs. Tour managers are begging local radio stations to do giveaways."
Just 3,700 tickets have reportedly been sold for Rihanna's gig at the T.D. Garden arena in Boston, Massachusetts in July, and she'll need at least 15,000 to break even.
More Rihanna News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik