Rihanna Axes 'Loud' Tour Due to Poor Ticket Sales
Rihanna's "Loud" tour is struggling to make some noise in the U.S., the singer has reportedly been urged to axe concerts due to poor ticket sales. The "Umbrella" hitmaker was forced to scrap a string of dates on her "Last Girl On Earth Tour" last year following disappointing sales figures.
The latest reports suggest Rihanna's "Loud" trek has also been hit hard, with her management team urging her to cancel a number of Stateside concerts after poor pre-sales last month, according to the New York Post's Page Six.
A source tells the publication, "It has been a big disappointment. The ticket sales in big U.S. cities like Boston are so bad, they will barely cover basics like the lighting and other arena costs. Tour managers are begging local radio stations to do giveaways."
Just 3,700 tickets have reportedly been sold for Rihanna's gig at the T.D. Garden arena in Boston, Massachusetts in July, and she'll need at least 15,000 to break even.
More Rihanna News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival