Westlife Suspended Mid-Air During Concert
Irish pop stars Westlife were left dangling in mid-air during their show in Liverpool, England on Friday night, March 18, after a suspension stunt went wrong. The "Flying Without Wings" hitmakers were midway through their performance at the city's Echo Arena when a technical fault with their stage set left them suspended above the crowd, and they had to wait for security guards to step in and work out the problem.
"At one point, the boys sit down and start singing from a big swinging bar which transports them around the arena," a source tells Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper. "Embarrassingly, it broke down and got stuck. A load of security guys had to manually lower the bar and help the lads to the stage. They were mortified."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy