Westlife Suspended Mid-Air During Concert
Irish pop stars Westlife were left dangling in mid-air during their show in Liverpool, England on Friday night, March 18, after a suspension stunt went wrong. The "Flying Without Wings" hitmakers were midway through their performance at the city's Echo Arena when a technical fault with their stage set left them suspended above the crowd, and they had to wait for security guards to step in and work out the problem.
"At one point, the boys sit down and start singing from a big swinging bar which transports them around the arena," a source tells Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper. "Embarrassingly, it broke down and got stuck. A load of security guys had to manually lower the bar and help the lads to the stage. They were mortified."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7