Westlife Suspended Mid-Air During Concert
Irish pop stars Westlife were left dangling in mid-air during their show in Liverpool, England on Friday night, March 18, after a suspension stunt went wrong. The "Flying Without Wings" hitmakers were midway through their performance at the city's Echo Arena when a technical fault with their stage set left them suspended above the crowd, and they had to wait for security guards to step in and work out the problem.
"At one point, the boys sit down and start singing from a big swinging bar which transports them around the arena," a source tells Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper. "Embarrassingly, it broke down and got stuck. A load of security guys had to manually lower the bar and help the lads to the stage. They were mortified."
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'