Westlife Suspended Mid-Air During Concert
Irish pop stars Westlife were left dangling in mid-air during their show in Liverpool, England on Friday night, March 18, after a suspension stunt went wrong. The "Flying Without Wings" hitmakers were midway through their performance at the city's Echo Arena when a technical fault with their stage set left them suspended above the crowd, and they had to wait for security guards to step in and work out the problem.
"At one point, the boys sit down and start singing from a big swinging bar which transports them around the arena," a source tells Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper. "Embarrassingly, it broke down and got stuck. A load of security guys had to manually lower the bar and help the lads to the stage. They were mortified."
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC