Solange Knowles to Hit Fashion Venture
Singer Solange Knowles is following her superstar sister Beyonce Knowles into the world of fashion, she's in talks to take on a consultancy role with a top design firm. The star, who has previously worked as a spokesmodel for Beyonce and their mother Tina's Dereon collection, admits she's been hesitant in the past to turn her attention to the fashion industry because she doesn't feel she's qualified.
"It's a funny thing because initially I got asked that question [to design a range of clothing] and I was absolutely that person who frowned upon random artists and models and musicians for crossing over into that design process and I always said, I feel like there are so many talented people who've studied this and know the skill of the craft of designing because it is an art, that I would be reluctant to call myself a designer," she tells WENN.
But Knowles has had a change of heart after being approached to share her style secrets and advice with designers at one of her favorite labels. She reveals, "A line that I really respect and was already a fan of reached out and had a great idea of us collaborating on maybe a particular collection and me just sharing ideas and prints [in a consultancy role] and being involved in that way I would absolutely love. It's still in the early stages so I can't really reveal [much] but hopefully something will develop."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'