Solange Knowles to Hit Fashion Venture
Singer Solange Knowles is following her superstar sister Beyonce Knowles into the world of fashion, she's in talks to take on a consultancy role with a top design firm. The star, who has previously worked as a spokesmodel for Beyonce and their mother Tina's Dereon collection, admits she's been hesitant in the past to turn her attention to the fashion industry because she doesn't feel she's qualified.
"It's a funny thing because initially I got asked that question [to design a range of clothing] and I was absolutely that person who frowned upon random artists and models and musicians for crossing over into that design process and I always said, I feel like there are so many talented people who've studied this and know the skill of the craft of designing because it is an art, that I would be reluctant to call myself a designer," she tells WENN.
But Knowles has had a change of heart after being approached to share her style secrets and advice with designers at one of her favorite labels. She reveals, "A line that I really respect and was already a fan of reached out and had a great idea of us collaborating on maybe a particular collection and me just sharing ideas and prints [in a consultancy role] and being involved in that way I would absolutely love. It's still in the early stages so I can't really reveal [much] but hopefully something will develop."
More Solange Knowles News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video