Eddie Murphy to Get Trophy From First Time Comedy Awards
Comedian-turned-movie star Eddie Murphy is to be the recipient of the Comedy Icon Award at the inaugural Comedy Awards. The star will be feted by Tina Fey, John Stewart, Andy Samberg and "South Park" creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, among others, at the event next month.
The U.S. honor is bestowed on a person who has made "an extraordinary contribution to comedy and whose impact and innovations have changed the landscape and inspired future generations of entertainers".
Casey Patterson, an executive producer at MTV Networks Entertainment Group says, "Murphy's impact in the world of comedy is immeasurable. From the characters he created on 'SNL', to his groundbreaking stand-up performances and unforgettable film roles, Murphy changed the game forever.''
The first annual Comedy Awards is set to air on Sunday, April 10 on Comedy Central, Spike TV, VH1, CMT, TV Land, Logo and Nick at Nite.
More Eddie Murphy News
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer