Jay Sean Appeals for Birthday Donation From Fans
R&B star Jay Sean has asked fans to help him raise cash for the Keep a Child Alive charity as a birthday gift. The humanitarian turns 30 on Saturday, March 26 and he wants fans to celebrate by donating to the cause in order to give life to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India.
The Anglo-Indian recently returned from a trip to South Africa where he met HIV-positive patients and children orphaned by AIDS at KCA-funded sites. He says, "I love being an artist because it allows me to do what I love for a living... music. Along with my job comes a platform which I can use to do something that can make a difference.
He adds, "I have been blessed with many wonderful fans and it makes me realize how we together can make a positive impact. Having been to two KCA sites in South Africa, I experienced how donations from all over the world are really making a difference in peoples' lives. It's up to all of us to help each other."
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers