Jay Sean Appeals for Birthday Donation From Fans
R&B star Jay Sean has asked fans to help him raise cash for the Keep a Child Alive charity as a birthday gift. The humanitarian turns 30 on Saturday, March 26 and he wants fans to celebrate by donating to the cause in order to give life to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India.
The Anglo-Indian recently returned from a trip to South Africa where he met HIV-positive patients and children orphaned by AIDS at KCA-funded sites. He says, "I love being an artist because it allows me to do what I love for a living... music. Along with my job comes a platform which I can use to do something that can make a difference.
He adds, "I have been blessed with many wonderful fans and it makes me realize how we together can make a positive impact. Having been to two KCA sites in South Africa, I experienced how donations from all over the world are really making a difference in peoples' lives. It's up to all of us to help each other."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal