Jay Sean Appeals for Birthday Donation From Fans
R&B star Jay Sean has asked fans to help him raise cash for the Keep a Child Alive charity as a birthday gift. The humanitarian turns 30 on Saturday, March 26 and he wants fans to celebrate by donating to the cause in order to give life to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India.
The Anglo-Indian recently returned from a trip to South Africa where he met HIV-positive patients and children orphaned by AIDS at KCA-funded sites. He says, "I love being an artist because it allows me to do what I love for a living... music. Along with my job comes a platform which I can use to do something that can make a difference.
He adds, "I have been blessed with many wonderful fans and it makes me realize how we together can make a positive impact. Having been to two KCA sites in South Africa, I experienced how donations from all over the world are really making a difference in peoples' lives. It's up to all of us to help each other."
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- James Franco and Seth Rogen Are Developing '90s Teen Drama for Hulu
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers