Jay Sean Appeals for Birthday Donation From Fans
R&B star Jay Sean has asked fans to help him raise cash for the Keep a Child Alive charity as a birthday gift. The humanitarian turns 30 on Saturday, March 26 and he wants fans to celebrate by donating to the cause in order to give life to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India.
The Anglo-Indian recently returned from a trip to South Africa where he met HIV-positive patients and children orphaned by AIDS at KCA-funded sites. He says, "I love being an artist because it allows me to do what I love for a living... music. Along with my job comes a platform which I can use to do something that can make a difference.
He adds, "I have been blessed with many wonderful fans and it makes me realize how we together can make a positive impact. Having been to two KCA sites in South Africa, I experienced how donations from all over the world are really making a difference in peoples' lives. It's up to all of us to help each other."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences