Jay Sean Appeals for Birthday Donation From Fans
R&B star Jay Sean has asked fans to help him raise cash for the Keep a Child Alive charity as a birthday gift. The humanitarian turns 30 on Saturday, March 26 and he wants fans to celebrate by donating to the cause in order to give life to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India.
The Anglo-Indian recently returned from a trip to South Africa where he met HIV-positive patients and children orphaned by AIDS at KCA-funded sites. He says, "I love being an artist because it allows me to do what I love for a living... music. Along with my job comes a platform which I can use to do something that can make a difference.
He adds, "I have been blessed with many wonderful fans and it makes me realize how we together can make a positive impact. Having been to two KCA sites in South Africa, I experienced how donations from all over the world are really making a difference in peoples' lives. It's up to all of us to help each other."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent