Rihanna Clarifies Katy Perry Feud Rumors
Rihanna has spoken out to clear up rumors she fell out with Katy Perry after branding her friend's music "generic", insisting the controversial comments were actually aimed at "songwriters and producers". The "Umbrella" hitmaker sparked rumors of a feud with Perry last year when she appeared to criticize her pop peers by reportedly saying, "I didn't want the generic pop record that Ke$ha or Lady GaGa or Katy Perry would do. Every song is tailored to me."
Speculation of a rift was fueled when she missed Perry's wedding to Russell Brand in October 2010 because of work commitments. But Rihanna is adamant there is no bad blood between the two singers and insists her comments were not properly explained.
She tells the U.K.'s Fabulous magazine, "I didn't say that. Did you see the interview? That's not what I said. OK, if anything it was a diss to songwriters and producers who can't make anything other than formula records. They'll make a song and give it to Rihanna. If she doesn't take it, they'll take it to Katy, and if Katy doesn't take it they'll give it to GaGa. That's not what we want. We like songs that scream our individuality. We like records that speak for who we are as artists and that are tailored to us."
More Rihanna News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'