Rihanna Clarifies Katy Perry Feud Rumors
Rihanna has spoken out to clear up rumors she fell out with Katy Perry after branding her friend's music "generic", insisting the controversial comments were actually aimed at "songwriters and producers". The "Umbrella" hitmaker sparked rumors of a feud with Perry last year when she appeared to criticize her pop peers by reportedly saying, "I didn't want the generic pop record that Ke$ha or Lady GaGa or Katy Perry would do. Every song is tailored to me."
Speculation of a rift was fueled when she missed Perry's wedding to Russell Brand in October 2010 because of work commitments. But Rihanna is adamant there is no bad blood between the two singers and insists her comments were not properly explained.
She tells the U.K.'s Fabulous magazine, "I didn't say that. Did you see the interview? That's not what I said. OK, if anything it was a diss to songwriters and producers who can't make anything other than formula records. They'll make a song and give it to Rihanna. If she doesn't take it, they'll take it to Katy, and if Katy doesn't take it they'll give it to GaGa. That's not what we want. We like songs that scream our individuality. We like records that speak for who we are as artists and that are tailored to us."
More Rihanna News
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment