Wyclef Jean Speaks About His Shot Hand in Delmas City
Rapper Wyclef Jean has spoken out after he was shot in his native Haiti on Saturday night March 19, insisting he has "no idea" who opened fire on him. Jean came under attack while traveling with fellow rap star Busta Rhymes in the city of Delmas, where he was helping to drum up support for presidential candidate Michel Martelly.
Shots were fired at the car they were traveling in and Jean's hand was grazed by a bullet, but he didn't realize he had been hit until he saw the blood. According to Britain's Daily Star newspaper, Jean insists he has "no idea" who was behind the violent incident, which came on the eve of Haiti's presidential election. He says, "I got out of the car and heard gunfire. The next I noticed there was blood on my shirt and sneakers. I have no idea who fired the rounds or whether they were shooting at me."
The former Fugees member, who was ruled ineligible to run for the presidency last year, is currently taking antibiotics for the wound after seeking treatment at a local hospital.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed