Wyclef Jean Speaks About His Shot Hand in Delmas City
Rapper Wyclef Jean has spoken out after he was shot in his native Haiti on Saturday night March 19, insisting he has "no idea" who opened fire on him. Jean came under attack while traveling with fellow rap star Busta Rhymes in the city of Delmas, where he was helping to drum up support for presidential candidate Michel Martelly.
Shots were fired at the car they were traveling in and Jean's hand was grazed by a bullet, but he didn't realize he had been hit until he saw the blood. According to Britain's Daily Star newspaper, Jean insists he has "no idea" who was behind the violent incident, which came on the eve of Haiti's presidential election. He says, "I got out of the car and heard gunfire. The next I noticed there was blood on my shirt and sneakers. I have no idea who fired the rounds or whether they were shooting at me."
The former Fugees member, who was ruled ineligible to run for the presidency last year, is currently taking antibiotics for the wound after seeking treatment at a local hospital.
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?