Wyclef Jean Speaks About His Shot Hand in Delmas City
Rapper Wyclef Jean has spoken out after he was shot in his native Haiti on Saturday night March 19, insisting he has "no idea" who opened fire on him. Jean came under attack while traveling with fellow rap star Busta Rhymes in the city of Delmas, where he was helping to drum up support for presidential candidate Michel Martelly.
Shots were fired at the car they were traveling in and Jean's hand was grazed by a bullet, but he didn't realize he had been hit until he saw the blood. According to Britain's Daily Star newspaper, Jean insists he has "no idea" who was behind the violent incident, which came on the eve of Haiti's presidential election. He says, "I got out of the car and heard gunfire. The next I noticed there was blood on my shirt and sneakers. I have no idea who fired the rounds or whether they were shooting at me."
The former Fugees member, who was ruled ineligible to run for the presidency last year, is currently taking antibiotics for the wound after seeking treatment at a local hospital.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?