Wyclef Jean Speaks About His Shot Hand in Delmas City
Rapper Wyclef Jean has spoken out after he was shot in his native Haiti on Saturday night March 19, insisting he has "no idea" who opened fire on him. Jean came under attack while traveling with fellow rap star Busta Rhymes in the city of Delmas, where he was helping to drum up support for presidential candidate Michel Martelly.
Shots were fired at the car they were traveling in and Jean's hand was grazed by a bullet, but he didn't realize he had been hit until he saw the blood. According to Britain's Daily Star newspaper, Jean insists he has "no idea" who was behind the violent incident, which came on the eve of Haiti's presidential election. He says, "I got out of the car and heard gunfire. The next I noticed there was blood on my shirt and sneakers. I have no idea who fired the rounds or whether they were shooting at me."
The former Fugees member, who was ruled ineligible to run for the presidency last year, is currently taking antibiotics for the wound after seeking treatment at a local hospital.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'