Jodie Foster Draws Back From Acting World
Jodie Foster is ready to bow out of acting after four decades in the spotlight in order to focus on her work as a director. "The Silence of the Lambs star, who began her acting career as a child, admits she now has little interest in performing and would rather step behind the camera.
She tells the Hollywood Reporter, "I've reached that point where I don't want to act very much anymore. I am much more interested in holding off on acting, after 45 years as an actor. It's a long period of time to do the same thing." And Foster, who recently directed Mel Gibson in new drama "The Beaver", reveals her next big screen venture will be a science fiction project.
She adds, "There's a family element to it, but it's much more a genre movie. I'd like to do that because that's a world I live in as an actor but I've never really gone to as a director. It's not anywhere close to being ready. (I don't write), so that always puts me at the mercy of some enormous talent that comes out of the woodwork that somehow has the same obsessions as me."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic