Jodie Foster Draws Back From Acting World
Jodie Foster is ready to bow out of acting after four decades in the spotlight in order to focus on her work as a director. "The Silence of the Lambs star, who began her acting career as a child, admits she now has little interest in performing and would rather step behind the camera.
She tells the Hollywood Reporter, "I've reached that point where I don't want to act very much anymore. I am much more interested in holding off on acting, after 45 years as an actor. It's a long period of time to do the same thing." And Foster, who recently directed Mel Gibson in new drama "The Beaver", reveals her next big screen venture will be a science fiction project.
She adds, "There's a family element to it, but it's much more a genre movie. I'd like to do that because that's a world I live in as an actor but I've never really gone to as a director. It's not anywhere close to being ready. (I don't write), so that always puts me at the mercy of some enormous talent that comes out of the woodwork that somehow has the same obsessions as me."
More Jodie Foster News
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image