Jodie Foster Draws Back From Acting World
Jodie Foster is ready to bow out of acting after four decades in the spotlight in order to focus on her work as a director. "The Silence of the Lambs star, who began her acting career as a child, admits she now has little interest in performing and would rather step behind the camera.
She tells the Hollywood Reporter, "I've reached that point where I don't want to act very much anymore. I am much more interested in holding off on acting, after 45 years as an actor. It's a long period of time to do the same thing." And Foster, who recently directed Mel Gibson in new drama "The Beaver", reveals her next big screen venture will be a science fiction project.
She adds, "There's a family element to it, but it's much more a genre movie. I'd like to do that because that's a world I live in as an actor but I've never really gone to as a director. It's not anywhere close to being ready. (I don't write), so that always puts me at the mercy of some enormous talent that comes out of the woodwork that somehow has the same obsessions as me."
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman