Halle Berry Honored at Muhammad Ali's Bash
Actress Halle Berry was honored for her tireless charity work at a star-studded gala on Saturday night, March 19. Screen stars including Kevin Costner, Billy Crystal and Frankie Muniz flocked to boxing legend Muhammad Ali's Celebrity Fight Night in Phoenix, Arizona.
But the "Monster's Ball" star was the guest of honor at the event, she was handed an award to celebrate her ongoing support for good causes, including St Joseph's hospital in Phoenix.
The bash, which saw singers including Kelly Clarkson and Bret Michaels perform, was to raise funds for the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center at the hospital. Ali was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1984.
Michaels, who received treatment at the facility after suffering a brain hemorrhage in 2010, says, "I am thrilled to have the opportunity to rock at Celebrity Fight Night in support of St. Joseph's. St. Joseph's saved my life and I am grateful to be able to attend the charity event that benefits this amazing hospital."
The Poison frontman also offered up a dinner date with him as part of an auction on the night, while Costner donated a similar prize.
More Halle Berry News
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!