Halle Berry Honored at Muhammad Ali's Bash
Actress Halle Berry was honored for her tireless charity work at a star-studded gala on Saturday night, March 19. Screen stars including Kevin Costner, Billy Crystal and Frankie Muniz flocked to boxing legend Muhammad Ali's Celebrity Fight Night in Phoenix, Arizona.
But the "Monster's Ball" star was the guest of honor at the event, she was handed an award to celebrate her ongoing support for good causes, including St Joseph's hospital in Phoenix.
The bash, which saw singers including Kelly Clarkson and Bret Michaels perform, was to raise funds for the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center at the hospital. Ali was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1984.
Michaels, who received treatment at the facility after suffering a brain hemorrhage in 2010, says, "I am thrilled to have the opportunity to rock at Celebrity Fight Night in support of St. Joseph's. St. Joseph's saved my life and I am grateful to be able to attend the charity event that benefits this amazing hospital."
The Poison frontman also offered up a dinner date with him as part of an auction on the night, while Costner donated a similar prize.
More Halle Berry News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie