John Travolta's Airline Safety Video Irks Qantas Staff
John Travolta has come under fire for fronting an airline safety video, with Qantas staff calling for "genuine aviation professionals" to hand out advice. The "Grease" star, who is a certified pilot and Qantas' Ambassador-at-Large, has filmed a motivational promo for passengers to view onboard.
In the clip, Travolta says, "This is your captain speaking, well, maybe not today. But I can guarantee that the guys on the flight deck and the greater team care just as much about aircraft safety as I do. I've been flying over 40 years as a pilot and I can tell you, there's no one I'd rather have at the controls than a Qantas pilot."
But workers are unhappy with the content, branding the video "corny" and "tacky". One un-named staff member tells Sydney's Sunday Telegraph, "We feel it's demeaning to be called 'the team'. It makes us feel like we work at McDonald's."
And another worker is calling for hero pilot Captain Richard de Crespigny, who is credited with saving 466 lives in an emergency landing, to front the promo, "Who better than the genuine aviation professionals who saved QF32?"
More John Travolta News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding