John Travolta's Airline Safety Video Irks Qantas Staff
John Travolta has come under fire for fronting an airline safety video, with Qantas staff calling for "genuine aviation professionals" to hand out advice. The "Grease" star, who is a certified pilot and Qantas' Ambassador-at-Large, has filmed a motivational promo for passengers to view onboard.
In the clip, Travolta says, "This is your captain speaking, well, maybe not today. But I can guarantee that the guys on the flight deck and the greater team care just as much about aircraft safety as I do. I've been flying over 40 years as a pilot and I can tell you, there's no one I'd rather have at the controls than a Qantas pilot."
But workers are unhappy with the content, branding the video "corny" and "tacky". One un-named staff member tells Sydney's Sunday Telegraph, "We feel it's demeaning to be called 'the team'. It makes us feel like we work at McDonald's."
And another worker is calling for hero pilot Captain Richard de Crespigny, who is credited with saving 466 lives in an emergency landing, to front the promo, "Who better than the genuine aviation professionals who saved QF32?"
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'