John Travolta's Airline Safety Video Irks Qantas Staff
John Travolta has come under fire for fronting an airline safety video, with Qantas staff calling for "genuine aviation professionals" to hand out advice. The "Grease" star, who is a certified pilot and Qantas' Ambassador-at-Large, has filmed a motivational promo for passengers to view onboard.
In the clip, Travolta says, "This is your captain speaking, well, maybe not today. But I can guarantee that the guys on the flight deck and the greater team care just as much about aircraft safety as I do. I've been flying over 40 years as a pilot and I can tell you, there's no one I'd rather have at the controls than a Qantas pilot."
But workers are unhappy with the content, branding the video "corny" and "tacky". One un-named staff member tells Sydney's Sunday Telegraph, "We feel it's demeaning to be called 'the team'. It makes us feel like we work at McDonald's."
And another worker is calling for hero pilot Captain Richard de Crespigny, who is credited with saving 466 lives in an emergency landing, to front the promo, "Who better than the genuine aviation professionals who saved QF32?"
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up