Guns N' Roses Set to Play Rock in Rio Festival
Guns N' Roses are set to headline Brazil's 2011 Rock in Rio festival, according to local reports. Newspaper O Globo has revealed event organizer Roberto Medina has been in talks with frontman Axl Rose and he's ready to make an announcement about the super gig. If the report is true, it'll be Guns N' Roses' third appearance at the festival - the band played Rock in Rio in 1991 and 2001.
Sir Elton John, Katy Perry, Metallica, Motorhead, Coldplay, Shakira, Sepultura, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Slipknot have already been confirmed for the festival, scheduled for September 23 to October 2 in Rio de Janeiro.
On another news, addressing to rumor of original Guns N' Roses lineup's reunion for years, Slash has pointed the lead singer's unwillingness as the reason for the unrealized gathering. He says,"It's all about Axl [Rose]. The reason that everybody left was because in the back of his mind I think that's the way he wanted it. So the reason why there's no Guns N' Roses was because of him. I've got nothing to do with it. I quit for the same reason that everybody did. So it's really his problem.'
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show