Guns N' Roses Set to Play Rock in Rio Festival
Guns N' Roses are set to headline Brazil's 2011 Rock in Rio festival, according to local reports. Newspaper O Globo has revealed event organizer Roberto Medina has been in talks with frontman Axl Rose and he's ready to make an announcement about the super gig. If the report is true, it'll be Guns N' Roses' third appearance at the festival - the band played Rock in Rio in 1991 and 2001.
Sir Elton John, Katy Perry, Metallica, Motorhead, Coldplay, Shakira, Sepultura, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Slipknot have already been confirmed for the festival, scheduled for September 23 to October 2 in Rio de Janeiro.
On another news, addressing to rumor of original Guns N' Roses lineup's reunion for years, Slash has pointed the lead singer's unwillingness as the reason for the unrealized gathering. He says,"It's all about Axl [Rose]. The reason that everybody left was because in the back of his mind I think that's the way he wanted it. So the reason why there's no Guns N' Roses was because of him. I've got nothing to do with it. I quit for the same reason that everybody did. So it's really his problem.'
More Guns N' Roses News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding