Jennifer Lawrence Unveils Her Katniss Role in 'The Hunger Games'
Actress Jennifer Lawrence has broken her silence after landing the coveted role of Katniss Everdeen in the much-anticipated movie adaptation of bestselling novel "The Hunger Games".
The "Winter's Bone" star beat out fellow 2011 Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld and Abigail Breslin to land the lead role in Gary Ross' new drama - based on Suzanne Collins' hit book. The casting was made official on Friday, March 18 when Ross confirmed he had made his pick for leading lady. And now Lawrence has released a statement.
She writes, "I couldn't be happier about being a part of Hunger Games and to play Katniss. I have a huge responsibility to the fans of this incredible book and I don't take it lightly. I will give everything I have to these movies and to this role to make it worthy of Suzanne Collins' masterpiece." And she's looking forward to the pre-film training she'll have to undertake to play all-action Everdeen, "I've never shot a bow and arrow, so that' ll be cool."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed