Jennifer Lawrence Unveils Her Katniss Role in 'The Hunger Games'
Actress Jennifer Lawrence has broken her silence after landing the coveted role of Katniss Everdeen in the much-anticipated movie adaptation of bestselling novel "The Hunger Games".
The "Winter's Bone" star beat out fellow 2011 Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld and Abigail Breslin to land the lead role in Gary Ross' new drama - based on Suzanne Collins' hit book. The casting was made official on Friday, March 18 when Ross confirmed he had made his pick for leading lady. And now Lawrence has released a statement.
She writes, "I couldn't be happier about being a part of Hunger Games and to play Katniss. I have a huge responsibility to the fans of this incredible book and I don't take it lightly. I will give everything I have to these movies and to this role to make it worthy of Suzanne Collins' masterpiece." And she's looking forward to the pre-film training she'll have to undertake to play all-action Everdeen, "I've never shot a bow and arrow, so that' ll be cool."
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift
- It's Official: Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth Are Married - See Their Wedding Pic
- Scott Disick Caught Cozying Up to Another Woman After Spotted With Bella Thorne and Chloe Bartolli
- New Director Is Reportedly Eyed to Helm 'Justice League Dark'
- Bella Thorne Wants to Forget She Ever Met Scott Disick After He Ditched Her
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and More Recreate Iconic Supermodels Bathtub Photo