Jennifer Lawrence Unveils Her Katniss Role in 'The Hunger Games'
Actress Jennifer Lawrence has broken her silence after landing the coveted role of Katniss Everdeen in the much-anticipated movie adaptation of bestselling novel "The Hunger Games".
The "Winter's Bone" star beat out fellow 2011 Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld and Abigail Breslin to land the lead role in Gary Ross' new drama - based on Suzanne Collins' hit book. The casting was made official on Friday, March 18 when Ross confirmed he had made his pick for leading lady. And now Lawrence has released a statement.
She writes, "I couldn't be happier about being a part of Hunger Games and to play Katniss. I have a huge responsibility to the fans of this incredible book and I don't take it lightly. I will give everything I have to these movies and to this role to make it worthy of Suzanne Collins' masterpiece." And she's looking forward to the pre-film training she'll have to undertake to play all-action Everdeen, "I've never shot a bow and arrow, so that' ll be cool."
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'