Jennifer Lawrence Unveils Her Katniss Role in 'The Hunger Games'
Actress Jennifer Lawrence has broken her silence after landing the coveted role of Katniss Everdeen in the much-anticipated movie adaptation of bestselling novel "The Hunger Games".
The "Winter's Bone" star beat out fellow 2011 Oscar nominee Hailee Steinfeld and Abigail Breslin to land the lead role in Gary Ross' new drama - based on Suzanne Collins' hit book. The casting was made official on Friday, March 18 when Ross confirmed he had made his pick for leading lady. And now Lawrence has released a statement.
She writes, "I couldn't be happier about being a part of Hunger Games and to play Katniss. I have a huge responsibility to the fans of this incredible book and I don't take it lightly. I will give everything I have to these movies and to this role to make it worthy of Suzanne Collins' masterpiece." And she's looking forward to the pre-film training she'll have to undertake to play all-action Everdeen, "I've never shot a bow and arrow, so that' ll be cool."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby