Hanson and More Staged 12-Hour Gig for Japan Relief
Pop stars Hanson boosted relief efforts following Japan's earthquake and tsunami disasters by staging a 12-hour telethon in Texas on Saturday, March 19. The "Mmmbop" trio teamed up with organizers behind the South By Southwest festival in Austin for the telethon, which featured performances and appearances from acts including R.E.M. rocker Michael Stipe, The Boxer Rebellion, Bowling For Soup and The Parlotones, among others.
The gig, which was streamed online and coincided with the SXSW festival's close, saw performers urging viewers to donate to the American Red Cross and aid victims in Japan. Songs recorded at the event will later be sold as a part of a benefit project.
The earthquake and resulting tsunami earlier this month left countless dead and homeless in Japan.
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music