Hanson and More Staged 12-Hour Gig for Japan Relief
Pop stars Hanson boosted relief efforts following Japan's earthquake and tsunami disasters by staging a 12-hour telethon in Texas on Saturday, March 19. The "Mmmbop" trio teamed up with organizers behind the South By Southwest festival in Austin for the telethon, which featured performances and appearances from acts including R.E.M. rocker Michael Stipe, The Boxer Rebellion, Bowling For Soup and The Parlotones, among others.
The gig, which was streamed online and coincided with the SXSW festival's close, saw performers urging viewers to donate to the American Red Cross and aid victims in Japan. Songs recorded at the event will later be sold as a part of a benefit project.
The earthquake and resulting tsunami earlier this month left countless dead and homeless in Japan.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?