Hanson and More Staged 12-Hour Gig for Japan Relief
Pop stars Hanson boosted relief efforts following Japan's earthquake and tsunami disasters by staging a 12-hour telethon in Texas on Saturday, March 19. The "Mmmbop" trio teamed up with organizers behind the South By Southwest festival in Austin for the telethon, which featured performances and appearances from acts including R.E.M. rocker Michael Stipe, The Boxer Rebellion, Bowling For Soup and The Parlotones, among others.
The gig, which was streamed online and coincided with the SXSW festival's close, saw performers urging viewers to donate to the American Red Cross and aid victims in Japan. Songs recorded at the event will later be sold as a part of a benefit project.
The earthquake and resulting tsunami earlier this month left countless dead and homeless in Japan.
More Hanson News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3