Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Released From JFK Battery Allegation
A female airline worker who accused actor Jonathan Rhys-Meyers of assaulting her in an incident at New York's JFK International Airport last May 2010 has withdrawn her complaint. United Airlines customer service director Kathryn Williams sued The "The Tudors" star earlier this month, March 11, alleging she suffered permanent physical damage and severe emotional distress when Meyers launched a drunken tirade at staff. Her lawsuit stated, "Defendant Jonathan Rhys-Meyers willfully, maliciously, wantonly and without any just cause or provocation assaulted and battered plaintiff Kathryn Williams."
Williams was seeking damages for assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and outrage. But Meyers' legal tussle has come to a quick resolution, according to PerezHilton.com, Williams has dropped the suit and her lawyer insists allegations of physical contact are "inaccurate". A statement from attorney Elliot Budashewitz confirms, "We have withdrawn her March 7, 2011 Complaint filed against Jonathan Rhys-Meyers in the Supreme Court, Queens County."
"In addition, any interpretation of said Complaint as alleging physical contact made by Mr. Meyers in (sic) inaccurate. There is no claim that Mr. Meyers made any physical contact with Ms. Williams or that she sustained any "physical" bodily injury as a result of any physical contact. Any inconvenience caused (to) Mr. Meyers by any misinterpretation of the complaint to the contrary was certainly unintended."
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?