Solange Knowles to Take Son on Charity Trip to Kenya
Singer Solange Knowles is planning to take her son on a summer vacation to Kenya to see how funds raised from her new charity single are used to provide locals with access to clean water. The star has teamed up with with rocker Chris Taylor and musician Twin Shadow for the "donate to download" track "Kenya", with all proceeds benefiting the Replenish Africa Initiative (RAIN).
Bosses at The Coca-Cola Africa Foundation, the organization behind the campaign, are aiming to raise $10,000 for clean water projects across the continent, and Knowles wants to witness the progress first-hand and turn it into a learning experience for her six-year-old child Julez.
She tells WENN, "I'm hoping we're able to go this summer and actually see the project come into fruition. I really would love to visit Kenya. I have always been so eager to get to Kenya, (to experience) the culture, the people... being able to do the touristy, safari rides and things like that. I'm totally wanting to get my son down there, I think it will be a beautiful experience for us."
- Comic-Con: 'Once Upon a Time' Season 7 Gets October Premiere Date
- Watch John Boyega Pilot a Jaeger in 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Teaser Promo
- 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Official Title and Teaser Are Unveiled
- Comic-Con: 'Teen Wolf' Season 6B Debuts New Trailer, Dylan O'Brien Makes Surprise Panelist
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Linkin Park Releases 'Talking to Myself' Video Before Reports of Chester Bennington's Death - Watch
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character