Solange Knowles to Take Son on Charity Trip to Kenya
Singer Solange Knowles is planning to take her son on a summer vacation to Kenya to see how funds raised from her new charity single are used to provide locals with access to clean water. The star has teamed up with with rocker Chris Taylor and musician Twin Shadow for the "donate to download" track "Kenya", with all proceeds benefiting the Replenish Africa Initiative (RAIN).
Bosses at The Coca-Cola Africa Foundation, the organization behind the campaign, are aiming to raise $10,000 for clean water projects across the continent, and Knowles wants to witness the progress first-hand and turn it into a learning experience for her six-year-old child Julez.
She tells WENN, "I'm hoping we're able to go this summer and actually see the project come into fruition. I really would love to visit Kenya. I have always been so eager to get to Kenya, (to experience) the culture, the people... being able to do the touristy, safari rides and things like that. I'm totally wanting to get my son down there, I think it will be a beautiful experience for us."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding