Solange Knowles to Take Son on Charity Trip to Kenya
Singer Solange Knowles is planning to take her son on a summer vacation to Kenya to see how funds raised from her new charity single are used to provide locals with access to clean water. The star has teamed up with with rocker Chris Taylor and musician Twin Shadow for the "donate to download" track "Kenya", with all proceeds benefiting the Replenish Africa Initiative (RAIN).
Bosses at The Coca-Cola Africa Foundation, the organization behind the campaign, are aiming to raise $10,000 for clean water projects across the continent, and Knowles wants to witness the progress first-hand and turn it into a learning experience for her six-year-old child Julez.
She tells WENN, "I'm hoping we're able to go this summer and actually see the project come into fruition. I really would love to visit Kenya. I have always been so eager to get to Kenya, (to experience) the culture, the people... being able to do the touristy, safari rides and things like that. I'm totally wanting to get my son down there, I think it will be a beautiful experience for us."
More Solange Knowles News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake