Selena Gomez Writing Songs About Friends Who Broke Her Heart
Singer Selena Gomez is taking a leaf out of pal Taylor Swift's songbook and writing tunes about friends who have broken her heart on her upcoming album. Gomez, who is currently dating pop star Justin Bieber, insists her next album will be full of deeply personal songs.
And that could mean former boyfriend Nick Jonas will be in the line of fire - just like brother Joe Jonas was in Swift's hit "Forever & Always". Gomez tells MTV News, "There's one song that I co-wrote... It's kind of like a compliment song-slash-dig. It's really fun. It's basically saying, 'I had a few people who weren't treating me right, but now I have wonderful people.' So it's like I'm thanking my friends while saying goodbye to the other people. It's very therapeutic."
The Disney starlet, who released her previous album "A Year Without Rain" in September, admits there is a lot more depth on this record. She continues, "There is one (song) that I'm completely in love with, and it was written by (British star) Pixie Lott, who I am obsessed with... It's kind of a ballad. It's basically about living in the moment; it's about enjoying right now. I'm very much enjoying right now. I'm in a good place."
More Selena Gomez News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service