Billy Bob Thornton to Hit 'Bad Santa 2'
Billy Bob Thornton is set to don the Santa suit again for a "Bad Santa" sequel. The movie star is in negotiations with Miramax-Weinstein film executives to reprise his boozy, foul-mouthed character Willie from the hit 2003 comedy.
"We feel that it's a Christmas perennial for the R-rated crowd," a spokesman for The Weinstein Company tells TheWrap. "Everyone loves the character and Billy Bob's excited to be in talks with us."
During a South by South West festival, Thornton let out a secret when promoting his Willie Nelson documentary "The King of Luck." At that time, he admitted he wants to play the alcoholic Santa again.
"Bad Santa", directed by Terry Zwigoff, co-starred Bernie Mac and John Ritter. The film also featured Lauren Tom and Lauren Graham.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic