Billy Bob Thornton to Hit 'Bad Santa 2'
Billy Bob Thornton is set to don the Santa suit again for a "Bad Santa" sequel. The movie star is in negotiations with Miramax-Weinstein film executives to reprise his boozy, foul-mouthed character Willie from the hit 2003 comedy.
"We feel that it's a Christmas perennial for the R-rated crowd," a spokesman for The Weinstein Company tells TheWrap. "Everyone loves the character and Billy Bob's excited to be in talks with us."
During a South by South West festival, Thornton let out a secret when promoting his Willie Nelson documentary "The King of Luck." At that time, he admitted he wants to play the alcoholic Santa again.
"Bad Santa", directed by Terry Zwigoff, co-starred Bernie Mac and John Ritter. The film also featured Lauren Tom and Lauren Graham.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group