Jennifer Lopez Wants Ex-Husband's Lawsuit Against Her Dismissed
Jennifer Lopez is urging a Los Angeles judge to dismiss a $10 million lawsuit filed against her for allegedly interfering in a movie project the singer insists would damage her reputation and career. Claudia Vazquez claims Lopez has prevented her from making a comedy based on the story of the star's first husband Ojani Noa's life, but the singer insists the movie would parody her marriage and reveal information she'd rather not be made public.
Lopez has already won an injunction to stop Noa and film producer Ed Meyer from moving forward with the film, which reportedly features home video footage, and Vazquez claims the action has hindered her ability to produce and market the project.
In new legal papers, requesting a dismissal, Lopez writes, "I believe that Noa's and Meyer's dissemination of private and intimate details about me, whether true or fabricated, and my alleged relationship with Noa and also their exploiting false and disparaging descriptions and lies about me are highly damaging to me and to my career in the entertainment industry."
"I believe that Noa will damage my reputation with movie producers and businesses which contract with celebrities for the use of their names, likenesses and spokesperson services for commercial endorsements and may very well cause some members of the movie-going and record-buying public to think badly of me."
Meanwhile, Meyer tells WENN he is confident the film project will eventually go ahead: "Jennifer Lopez can stall all she wants, but we are confident of a victory. The home videos will eventually be released for all of her fans to see." He is hoping a judge will overturn the injunction on his film at the next court hearing into the case on March 22.
Lopez wed Noa in 1997 but the marriage did not last a year.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?