Billy Crystal Says Yes to Another Oscar Hosting Return
Actor Billy Crystal is considering a return to the Oscars stage for a ninth hosting stint after receiving a warm reception as a guest presenter at the Academy Awards last month. The funnyman hasn't hosted the Oscars since 2004 and has turned down subsequent offers to take charge of the ceremony, claiming it's too much work.
Discontent with this year's Academy Awards, hosted by Anne Hathaway and James Franco, led many of Hollywood's hottest stars to campaign for Crystal's return to the stage as next year's host. And now the 63-year-old "When Harry Met Sally" star admits he's contemplating the idea - if he can switch things up.
He tells the Associated Press, "I think the show needs to change. There's too many awards and it has to sort of freshen itself up, and if I can be a part of that, that would be great." Though "X-Men" star Hugh Jackman has expressed interest in taking on the hosting gig again, no host has been selected for next year's Oscar Awards.
On the morning after this year's Oscars, another former host, Whoopi Goldberg, revealed she'd be interested in taking on the Oscars again - with her friend Crystal.
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head