Billy Crystal Says Yes to Another Oscar Hosting Return
Actor Billy Crystal is considering a return to the Oscars stage for a ninth hosting stint after receiving a warm reception as a guest presenter at the Academy Awards last month. The funnyman hasn't hosted the Oscars since 2004 and has turned down subsequent offers to take charge of the ceremony, claiming it's too much work.
Discontent with this year's Academy Awards, hosted by Anne Hathaway and James Franco, led many of Hollywood's hottest stars to campaign for Crystal's return to the stage as next year's host. And now the 63-year-old "When Harry Met Sally" star admits he's contemplating the idea - if he can switch things up.
He tells the Associated Press, "I think the show needs to change. There's too many awards and it has to sort of freshen itself up, and if I can be a part of that, that would be great." Though "X-Men" star Hugh Jackman has expressed interest in taking on the hosting gig again, no host has been selected for next year's Oscar Awards.
On the morning after this year's Oscars, another former host, Whoopi Goldberg, revealed she'd be interested in taking on the Oscars again - with her friend Crystal.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed