Billy Crystal Says Yes to Another Oscar Hosting Return
Actor Billy Crystal is considering a return to the Oscars stage for a ninth hosting stint after receiving a warm reception as a guest presenter at the Academy Awards last month. The funnyman hasn't hosted the Oscars since 2004 and has turned down subsequent offers to take charge of the ceremony, claiming it's too much work.
Discontent with this year's Academy Awards, hosted by Anne Hathaway and James Franco, led many of Hollywood's hottest stars to campaign for Crystal's return to the stage as next year's host. And now the 63-year-old "When Harry Met Sally" star admits he's contemplating the idea - if he can switch things up.
He tells the Associated Press, "I think the show needs to change. There's too many awards and it has to sort of freshen itself up, and if I can be a part of that, that would be great." Though "X-Men" star Hugh Jackman has expressed interest in taking on the hosting gig again, no host has been selected for next year's Oscar Awards.
On the morning after this year's Oscars, another former host, Whoopi Goldberg, revealed she'd be interested in taking on the Oscars again - with her friend Crystal.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones