Billy Ray Cyrus Reverses Cynical Comment About 'Hannah Montana'
Billy Ray Cyrus has backtracked over comments he made slamming TV show "Hannah Montana" for wrecking his family, insisting he "loves" the program. The country star and his wife Tish filed for divorce in October 2010, and Cyrus subsequently launched a bitter rant about the show that made his daughter Miley Cyrus a star, blaming it for ripping his family apart. He said, "The damn show destroyed my family... I hate to say it, but yes, I do (wish the show hadn't happened). I'd take it back in a second."
The Breaky hitmaker called off his divorce this week, March 14, and now he's reversed his comments about Hannah Montana, praising the series. Speaking on U.S. TV show "The View", to be aired on Friday March 18, Cyrus says, "I love Hannah Montana. I love Disney. I love our fans who've been with us throughout this whole show. This has been an incredible journey. I don't think Hannah Montana ruined my family, but to set the record straight, I love Hannah Montana. I love Disney. That didn't tear my family apart. Now fame, fame is a different animal, you've got to be careful with that thing."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic