Billy Ray Cyrus Reverses Cynical Comment About 'Hannah Montana'
Billy Ray Cyrus has backtracked over comments he made slamming TV show "Hannah Montana" for wrecking his family, insisting he "loves" the program. The country star and his wife Tish filed for divorce in October 2010, and Cyrus subsequently launched a bitter rant about the show that made his daughter Miley Cyrus a star, blaming it for ripping his family apart. He said, "The damn show destroyed my family... I hate to say it, but yes, I do (wish the show hadn't happened). I'd take it back in a second."
The Breaky hitmaker called off his divorce this week, March 14, and now he's reversed his comments about Hannah Montana, praising the series. Speaking on U.S. TV show "The View", to be aired on Friday March 18, Cyrus says, "I love Hannah Montana. I love Disney. I love our fans who've been with us throughout this whole show. This has been an incredible journey. I don't think Hannah Montana ruined my family, but to set the record straight, I love Hannah Montana. I love Disney. That didn't tear my family apart. Now fame, fame is a different animal, you've got to be careful with that thing."
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer