Billy Ray Cyrus Reverses Cynical Comment About 'Hannah Montana'
Billy Ray Cyrus has backtracked over comments he made slamming TV show "Hannah Montana" for wrecking his family, insisting he "loves" the program. The country star and his wife Tish filed for divorce in October 2010, and Cyrus subsequently launched a bitter rant about the show that made his daughter Miley Cyrus a star, blaming it for ripping his family apart. He said, "The damn show destroyed my family... I hate to say it, but yes, I do (wish the show hadn't happened). I'd take it back in a second."
The Breaky hitmaker called off his divorce this week, March 14, and now he's reversed his comments about Hannah Montana, praising the series. Speaking on U.S. TV show "The View", to be aired on Friday March 18, Cyrus says, "I love Hannah Montana. I love Disney. I love our fans who've been with us throughout this whole show. This has been an incredible journey. I don't think Hannah Montana ruined my family, but to set the record straight, I love Hannah Montana. I love Disney. That didn't tear my family apart. Now fame, fame is a different animal, you've got to be careful with that thing."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris