Billy Ray Cyrus Reverses Cynical Comment About 'Hannah Montana'
Billy Ray Cyrus has backtracked over comments he made slamming TV show "Hannah Montana" for wrecking his family, insisting he "loves" the program. The country star and his wife Tish filed for divorce in October 2010, and Cyrus subsequently launched a bitter rant about the show that made his daughter Miley Cyrus a star, blaming it for ripping his family apart. He said, "The damn show destroyed my family... I hate to say it, but yes, I do (wish the show hadn't happened). I'd take it back in a second."
The Breaky hitmaker called off his divorce this week, March 14, and now he's reversed his comments about Hannah Montana, praising the series. Speaking on U.S. TV show "The View", to be aired on Friday March 18, Cyrus says, "I love Hannah Montana. I love Disney. I love our fans who've been with us throughout this whole show. This has been an incredible journey. I don't think Hannah Montana ruined my family, but to set the record straight, I love Hannah Montana. I love Disney. That didn't tear my family apart. Now fame, fame is a different animal, you've got to be careful with that thing."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group