Dave Mustaine Faints at Megadeth's Gig Backstage
Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine collapsed backstage at a concert in Russia on Wednesday night, March 16, after suffering from kidney stone pains, but he insisted on playing a half-hour set. The rocker was performing at the Jubileeny Arena in St. Petersburg when he fell ill and was told by doctors to scrap the gig and get himself to a nearby hospital.
But Mustaine insisted on playing six songs for the crowd before he was taken to a medical facility 30 minutes later. He tells Rocknewsdesk.com, "Two hours before the show I started to feel like I had a hernia, or I'd been hit in the groin. I told my tour manager I needed a doctor and it might be in my best interest to cancel the show."
"I was told to pee for the doctors. They explained there was blood and gave me an IV, an analgesic and an anti-inflammatory injection. The next hour is blurry. I woke up, they told me they could hold the show for 30 minutes, but I said, 'Guys, I am OK, and we can do this'."
The singer now says he feels "95 per cent better" following the incident.
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson