Dave Mustaine Faints at Megadeth's Gig Backstage
Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine collapsed backstage at a concert in Russia on Wednesday night, March 16, after suffering from kidney stone pains, but he insisted on playing a half-hour set. The rocker was performing at the Jubileeny Arena in St. Petersburg when he fell ill and was told by doctors to scrap the gig and get himself to a nearby hospital.
But Mustaine insisted on playing six songs for the crowd before he was taken to a medical facility 30 minutes later. He tells Rocknewsdesk.com, "Two hours before the show I started to feel like I had a hernia, or I'd been hit in the groin. I told my tour manager I needed a doctor and it might be in my best interest to cancel the show."
"I was told to pee for the doctors. They explained there was blood and gave me an IV, an analgesic and an anti-inflammatory injection. The next hour is blurry. I woke up, they told me they could hold the show for 30 minutes, but I said, 'Guys, I am OK, and we can do this'."
The singer now says he feels "95 per cent better" following the incident.
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress