Elton John Inspired Debbie Harry to Get on Charity Action
Punk icon Debbie Harry was inspired to throw herself into charity work after she saw Sir Elton John using his fame to highlight good causes. The Blondie singer performed alongside Richard Ashcroft and Jeff Beck at an all-star gig at London's HMV Hammersmith Apollo in January to help U.K. charity Killing Cancer. And she now puts philanthropy at the top of her list of priorities after witnessing Sir Elton's tireless work for HIV and AIDS projects.
Harry tells Britain's The Sun, "These things are important to my life now. I have the privilege of being able to get involved, so I do. I applaud people like Elton John, who have used their position to do so much good. I could really feel his power and see how effective it was in helping to highlight causes like HIV/AIDS and I thought I should get up off my fat a** and do something too."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic