Elton John Inspired Debbie Harry to Get on Charity Action
Punk icon Debbie Harry was inspired to throw herself into charity work after she saw Sir Elton John using his fame to highlight good causes. The Blondie singer performed alongside Richard Ashcroft and Jeff Beck at an all-star gig at London's HMV Hammersmith Apollo in January to help U.K. charity Killing Cancer. And she now puts philanthropy at the top of her list of priorities after witnessing Sir Elton's tireless work for HIV and AIDS projects.
Harry tells Britain's The Sun, "These things are important to my life now. I have the privilege of being able to get involved, so I do. I applaud people like Elton John, who have used their position to do so much good. I could really feel his power and see how effective it was in helping to highlight causes like HIV/AIDS and I thought I should get up off my fat a** and do something too."
More Elton John News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video