Kevin Costner to Play Superman's Father in 'The Man of Steel'
Director Zack Snyder has confirmed reports Kevin Costner has signed up to star in a reboot of the "Superman" franchise. The "Bodyguard" actor was rumored to be taking on the role of Clark Kent's father opposite new "The Man of Steel", Henry Cavill.
And now Snyder, who is taking on 2012's "Superman: Man of Steel" film, has revealed Costner has agreed to the project. He tells Total Film, "Jonathan Kent is the only father figure Clark has ever had, the man who was there to help Clark understand what he was meant to do in the world as Superman."
"Kevin will be able to communicate the quiet strength of this rural American man who raised the greatest superhero of all time."
Diane Lane will play Superman's mother, Martha Kent, who adopts the young hero when he lands on Earth in a rocket.
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!