Kevin Costner to Play Superman's Father in 'The Man of Steel'
Director Zack Snyder has confirmed reports Kevin Costner has signed up to star in a reboot of the "Superman" franchise. The "Bodyguard" actor was rumored to be taking on the role of Clark Kent's father opposite new "The Man of Steel", Henry Cavill.
And now Snyder, who is taking on 2012's "Superman: Man of Steel" film, has revealed Costner has agreed to the project. He tells Total Film, "Jonathan Kent is the only father figure Clark has ever had, the man who was there to help Clark understand what he was meant to do in the world as Superman."
"Kevin will be able to communicate the quiet strength of this rural American man who raised the greatest superhero of all time."
Diane Lane will play Superman's mother, Martha Kent, who adopts the young hero when he lands on Earth in a rocket.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'