Kevin Costner to Play Superman's Father in 'The Man of Steel'
Director Zack Snyder has confirmed reports Kevin Costner has signed up to star in a reboot of the "Superman" franchise. The "Bodyguard" actor was rumored to be taking on the role of Clark Kent's father opposite new "The Man of Steel", Henry Cavill.
And now Snyder, who is taking on 2012's "Superman: Man of Steel" film, has revealed Costner has agreed to the project. He tells Total Film, "Jonathan Kent is the only father figure Clark has ever had, the man who was there to help Clark understand what he was meant to do in the world as Superman."
"Kevin will be able to communicate the quiet strength of this rural American man who raised the greatest superhero of all time."
Diane Lane will play Superman's mother, Martha Kent, who adopts the young hero when he lands on Earth in a rocket.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival