Kevin Costner to Play Superman's Father in 'The Man of Steel'
Director Zack Snyder has confirmed reports Kevin Costner has signed up to star in a reboot of the "Superman" franchise. The "Bodyguard" actor was rumored to be taking on the role of Clark Kent's father opposite new "The Man of Steel", Henry Cavill.
And now Snyder, who is taking on 2012's "Superman: Man of Steel" film, has revealed Costner has agreed to the project. He tells Total Film, "Jonathan Kent is the only father figure Clark has ever had, the man who was there to help Clark understand what he was meant to do in the world as Superman."
"Kevin will be able to communicate the quiet strength of this rural American man who raised the greatest superhero of all time."
Diane Lane will play Superman's mother, Martha Kent, who adopts the young hero when he lands on Earth in a rocket.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier