Man Arrested While Chris Moyles Attempted to Break Record
A man has been arrested for bursting through security at Britain's BBC Radio 1 headquarters as host Chris Moyles attempted to break the record for the longest show in the station's history. The U.K. radio superstar has raised more than $1.6 million so far for charity Comic Relief after staying on air since Wednesday, March 16 morning.
But cops had to be called to the Radio 1 headquarters in London after an intruder stormed past security in an alleged attempt to reach Moyles on Wednesday night. A 26 year old was arrested after damaging property at the building, according to Britain's Daily Mirror. A police spokesperson has confirmed a man was taken into custody.
A series of stars have visited Moyles during his world record attempt - Lily Allen has paid a visit, while Katy Perry brought the host several porn magazines to help pass the time on Thursday, March 17 night. As WENN went to press Moyles had already beaten the record and was still on air.
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza