Man Arrested While Chris Moyles Attempted to Break Record
A man has been arrested for bursting through security at Britain's BBC Radio 1 headquarters as host Chris Moyles attempted to break the record for the longest show in the station's history. The U.K. radio superstar has raised more than $1.6 million so far for charity Comic Relief after staying on air since Wednesday, March 16 morning.
But cops had to be called to the Radio 1 headquarters in London after an intruder stormed past security in an alleged attempt to reach Moyles on Wednesday night. A 26 year old was arrested after damaging property at the building, according to Britain's Daily Mirror. A police spokesperson has confirmed a man was taken into custody.
A series of stars have visited Moyles during his world record attempt - Lily Allen has paid a visit, while Katy Perry brought the host several porn magazines to help pass the time on Thursday, March 17 night. As WENN went to press Moyles had already beaten the record and was still on air.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding