Man Arrested While Chris Moyles Attempted to Break Record
A man has been arrested for bursting through security at Britain's BBC Radio 1 headquarters as host Chris Moyles attempted to break the record for the longest show in the station's history. The U.K. radio superstar has raised more than $1.6 million so far for charity Comic Relief after staying on air since Wednesday, March 16 morning.
But cops had to be called to the Radio 1 headquarters in London after an intruder stormed past security in an alleged attempt to reach Moyles on Wednesday night. A 26 year old was arrested after damaging property at the building, according to Britain's Daily Mirror. A police spokesperson has confirmed a man was taken into custody.
A series of stars have visited Moyles during his world record attempt - Lily Allen has paid a visit, while Katy Perry brought the host several porn magazines to help pass the time on Thursday, March 17 night. As WENN went to press Moyles had already beaten the record and was still on air.
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna