Man Arrested While Chris Moyles Attempted to Break Record
A man has been arrested for bursting through security at Britain's BBC Radio 1 headquarters as host Chris Moyles attempted to break the record for the longest show in the station's history. The U.K. radio superstar has raised more than $1.6 million so far for charity Comic Relief after staying on air since Wednesday, March 16 morning.
But cops had to be called to the Radio 1 headquarters in London after an intruder stormed past security in an alleged attempt to reach Moyles on Wednesday night. A 26 year old was arrested after damaging property at the building, according to Britain's Daily Mirror. A police spokesperson has confirmed a man was taken into custody.
A series of stars have visited Moyles during his world record attempt - Lily Allen has paid a visit, while Katy Perry brought the host several porn magazines to help pass the time on Thursday, March 17 night. As WENN went to press Moyles had already beaten the record and was still on air.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics