Man Arrested While Chris Moyles Attempted to Break Record
A man has been arrested for bursting through security at Britain's BBC Radio 1 headquarters as host Chris Moyles attempted to break the record for the longest show in the station's history. The U.K. radio superstar has raised more than $1.6 million so far for charity Comic Relief after staying on air since Wednesday, March 16 morning.
But cops had to be called to the Radio 1 headquarters in London after an intruder stormed past security in an alleged attempt to reach Moyles on Wednesday night. A 26 year old was arrested after damaging property at the building, according to Britain's Daily Mirror. A police spokesperson has confirmed a man was taken into custody.
A series of stars have visited Moyles during his world record attempt - Lily Allen has paid a visit, while Katy Perry brought the host several porn magazines to help pass the time on Thursday, March 17 night. As WENN went to press Moyles had already beaten the record and was still on air.
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?