Man Arrested While Chris Moyles Attempted to Break Record
A man has been arrested for bursting through security at Britain's BBC Radio 1 headquarters as host Chris Moyles attempted to break the record for the longest show in the station's history. The U.K. radio superstar has raised more than $1.6 million so far for charity Comic Relief after staying on air since Wednesday, March 16 morning.
But cops had to be called to the Radio 1 headquarters in London after an intruder stormed past security in an alleged attempt to reach Moyles on Wednesday night. A 26 year old was arrested after damaging property at the building, according to Britain's Daily Mirror. A police spokesperson has confirmed a man was taken into custody.
A series of stars have visited Moyles during his world record attempt - Lily Allen has paid a visit, while Katy Perry brought the host several porn magazines to help pass the time on Thursday, March 17 night. As WENN went to press Moyles had already beaten the record and was still on air.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts