Man Arrested While Chris Moyles Attempted to Break Record
A man has been arrested for bursting through security at Britain's BBC Radio 1 headquarters as host Chris Moyles attempted to break the record for the longest show in the station's history. The U.K. radio superstar has raised more than $1.6 million so far for charity Comic Relief after staying on air since Wednesday, March 16 morning.
But cops had to be called to the Radio 1 headquarters in London after an intruder stormed past security in an alleged attempt to reach Moyles on Wednesday night. A 26 year old was arrested after damaging property at the building, according to Britain's Daily Mirror. A police spokesperson has confirmed a man was taken into custody.
A series of stars have visited Moyles during his world record attempt - Lily Allen has paid a visit, while Katy Perry brought the host several porn magazines to help pass the time on Thursday, March 17 night. As WENN went to press Moyles had already beaten the record and was still on air.
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off
- David Beckham Smashes His Tooth During Snowboarding Trip, Days After Son Brooklyn Got Arm Injury