Will Smith Donates Apple Laptops to a High School in Philadelphia
Hollywood star Will Smith has donated 29 computers to a high school in his native Philadelphia, Pennsylvania after learning thieving students had stolen high-tech equipment. The generous superstar is giving West Philadelphia High School top-of-the-range Apple laptops through his charity The Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation, which helps raise funds for needy communities.
Sixty PCs were stolen from the school last month, February 11, and two students have since been charged with the theft. But cops only manged to recover 30 computers.
Smith's pal, community activist Charlie Mack, will deliver the goods to the high school on Friday, March 18 . The rapper/actor grew up in nearby Wynnefield, West Philadelphia.
More Will Smith News
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'