Solange Knowles and Son Raise Money for Japan Earthquake Victims
Solange Knowles has been inspired by her young son's artwork to launch a collection of items designed specifically to raise money for the Japanese disaster relief fund. Beyonce Knowles' younger sister woke up to the news of last Friday's, March 11, double devastation and watched in horror with six-year-old Julez as footage of the tragedy aired on local news channels.
And the kid was so moved by the earthquake and tsunami, his mum decided to help the youngster create products to sell around their Los Angeles neighborhood. She tells WENN, "Me and my son, we are on the west coast still, we woke up on the morning of the earthquake and tsunami, at around six o' clock that morning, and were watching it on television."
"He was very affected by it and asked a lot of questions and we decided we wanted to do something together to help. So we actually are in the process, we're almost done... He did a watercolor of the Japanese flag and we're making shirts and totes [bags] and note cards and we're gonna sell them locally here and donate the proceeds. We're really excited about it."
Knowles is the latest celebrity to do their bit for charity to aid the Japanese relief effort, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Linkin Park have all pledged profits from the sale of merchandise, clothing and wristbands to help survivors.
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes