Lupe Fiasco Breaks Off His Performance in Texas
Rapper Lupe Fiasco has been forced to pull out of an appearance at the South By Southwest festival in Texas on Thursday night, March 17 after falling ill. The hip-hop star was due to play his first show since scoring his first U.S. number one album with "Lasers" on Wednesday, March 16, but he has had to cancel the gig due to vocal problems. In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "dr still has me on voice rest...won't be (at) sxsw."
Another headliner, Cee-Lo Green, has also axed his slot at Austin's annual music and arts event. Singer Janelle Monae and Airplanes hitmaker B.o.B. will step in to replace the pair, sharing the stage with rap sensation Wiz Khalifa.
The music festival was also a comeback platform for Duran Duran who played an 80-minute set of hits and tracks from their new album "All You Need is Now" on Wednesday.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics