Lupe Fiasco Breaks Off His Performance in Texas
Rapper Lupe Fiasco has been forced to pull out of an appearance at the South By Southwest festival in Texas on Thursday night, March 17 after falling ill. The hip-hop star was due to play his first show since scoring his first U.S. number one album with "Lasers" on Wednesday, March 16, but he has had to cancel the gig due to vocal problems. In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "dr still has me on voice rest...won't be (at) sxsw."
Another headliner, Cee-Lo Green, has also axed his slot at Austin's annual music and arts event. Singer Janelle Monae and Airplanes hitmaker B.o.B. will step in to replace the pair, sharing the stage with rap sensation Wiz Khalifa.
The music festival was also a comeback platform for Duran Duran who played an 80-minute set of hits and tracks from their new album "All You Need is Now" on Wednesday.
More Lupe Fiasco News
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music