Lupe Fiasco Breaks Off His Performance in Texas
Rapper Lupe Fiasco has been forced to pull out of an appearance at the South By Southwest festival in Texas on Thursday night, March 17 after falling ill. The hip-hop star was due to play his first show since scoring his first U.S. number one album with "Lasers" on Wednesday, March 16, but he has had to cancel the gig due to vocal problems. In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "dr still has me on voice rest...won't be (at) sxsw."
Another headliner, Cee-Lo Green, has also axed his slot at Austin's annual music and arts event. Singer Janelle Monae and Airplanes hitmaker B.o.B. will step in to replace the pair, sharing the stage with rap sensation Wiz Khalifa.
The music festival was also a comeback platform for Duran Duran who played an 80-minute set of hits and tracks from their new album "All You Need is Now" on Wednesday.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob and Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner