Kate Middleton's Lingerie-Style Dress Sold Over 125,000 Dollar
The sheer Charlotte Todd dress bride-to-be Kate Middleton wore as part of a 2002 university fashion show has sold at auction for over $125,000.Reports suggest Prince William first fell for the brunette when she strutted her stuff on the catwalk in the see-through lingerie-style dress. The item was the highlight of the Kerry Taylor Auctions Passion for Fashion sale on Thursday, March 17.
Todd, who has never met Middleton in person, tells People.com she designed the dress as part of her St. Andrews University course work and had no idea she would become part of the royal dating story. She says, "Everyone says that the fashion show was when the romance started and when she (Middleton) bagged her prince, so a small part of me will always be part of royal history. It's madness."
More Kate Middleton News
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick