Kate Middleton's Lingerie-Style Dress Sold Over 125,000 Dollar
The sheer Charlotte Todd dress bride-to-be Kate Middleton wore as part of a 2002 university fashion show has sold at auction for over $125,000.Reports suggest Prince William first fell for the brunette when she strutted her stuff on the catwalk in the see-through lingerie-style dress. The item was the highlight of the Kerry Taylor Auctions Passion for Fashion sale on Thursday, March 17.
Todd, who has never met Middleton in person, tells People.com she designed the dress as part of her St. Andrews University course work and had no idea she would become part of the royal dating story. She says, "Everyone says that the fashion show was when the romance started and when she (Middleton) bagged her prince, so a small part of me will always be part of royal history. It's madness."
More Kate Middleton News
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces