Kate Middleton's Lingerie-Style Dress Sold Over 125,000 Dollar
The sheer Charlotte Todd dress bride-to-be Kate Middleton wore as part of a 2002 university fashion show has sold at auction for over $125,000.Reports suggest Prince William first fell for the brunette when she strutted her stuff on the catwalk in the see-through lingerie-style dress. The item was the highlight of the Kerry Taylor Auctions Passion for Fashion sale on Thursday, March 17.
Todd, who has never met Middleton in person, tells People.com she designed the dress as part of her St. Andrews University course work and had no idea she would become part of the royal dating story. She says, "Everyone says that the fashion show was when the romance started and when she (Middleton) bagged her prince, so a small part of me will always be part of royal history. It's madness."
More Kate Middleton News
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly