Kate Middleton's Lingerie-Style Dress Sold Over 125,000 Dollar
The sheer Charlotte Todd dress bride-to-be Kate Middleton wore as part of a 2002 university fashion show has sold at auction for over $125,000.Reports suggest Prince William first fell for the brunette when she strutted her stuff on the catwalk in the see-through lingerie-style dress. The item was the highlight of the Kerry Taylor Auctions Passion for Fashion sale on Thursday, March 17.
Todd, who has never met Middleton in person, tells People.com she designed the dress as part of her St. Andrews University course work and had no idea she would become part of the royal dating story. She says, "Everyone says that the fashion show was when the romance started and when she (Middleton) bagged her prince, so a small part of me will always be part of royal history. It's madness."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March